True Blood, Finally


(Source)

"Before the night is through / I wanna do bad things with you....*niiiiuuuuuuuuu*" (sorry that's my best impression of that particular instrument)

Unfortunately, I've already read the first few books. I guess that means I won't be able to make any craptastic-ly inaccurate predictions this time which you guys can all laugh at. I half wish I hadn't read the books now... stuff is so much better when you have no idea what's gonna happen. Yesterday, when I watched the first episode of Season 2 of Game of Thrones, I realised that half the fun had gone out of the series because I'd read the second book. Boo.........

Right, I was talking about True Blood. Since I can't be bothered structuring my thoughts on the first episode, have a list instead:

  • SWAMP PEOPLE!!! LOL. I can't help it. The southern accent triggers some sort of switch inside me and I immediately think of that show with the rednecks running round shooting crocodiles. My sister loves that show.
  • Bill was so two-dimensional and bland in the books. He was like a cardboard cut-out who occasionally spoke words and did stuff. But watching the show, I can kind of see his appeal - all broody and mysterious-like.
  • Sookie is cute I guess. I remember her having a few TSTL moments in the books but I quite like the actress already so it should be fine. (TSTL = Too Stupid To Live)
  • Lafayette... LOL.
  • That opening scene in the convenience store was awesome.
  • There's something strange about the interactions between Bill and Sookie. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it was the camera angle or editing. I don't know.
  • SexSexSexSexSexSexSexSex.ooh! plot!SexSexSexSexSexSex...... (Not that I expected anything different. A HBO show wouldn't be a HBO show without people going at it like animals every other scene. HBO without the boom-chicka-wow-wow would be like Eurovision without the pyrotechnics and glittery leotards.)
  • Is Sookie the worst name ever or is it the worse name ever? And here I thought Roy, Doug, Fanny and Renesmee were bad.
All in all, I quite liked it :) I'm excited for this. The books didn't impress me but I have a feeling the show will.

Leave A Comment