The World's Suckiest Teacher (Me)

Today I taught my first Year 9 class.

It was the most traumatizing, exhausting, scarring, distressing, stressful, unmanageable two hours of my life. The fact that I only had an hour's warning before taking the class was probably a big factor  of this. At one point, the guys in the 2nd and 3rd row started talking about wet dreams. I laughed it off and told them to concentrate in a firm voice but secretly I wanted to do much worse.

My respect for teachers, especially subs, has risen astronomically because of this experience. NEVER AGAIN will I criticize the teaching methods of any teacher. NEVER AGAIN. Every time I faced the board, the kids would just raise their voice or play with their phones or something. When I asked for answers, there were some who would give me attitude or "the look". They're not bad kids though, just fidgety and disinterested. Maybe it was my inexperience or something. Sometimes I wish I was taller and meaner looking. Being male would also help. I think the kids see someone who's short and young-looking and then immediately decide to take advantage of that person. It's not like I could turn around and bellow, "RESPECT AND LISTEN TO ME!!!", or anything you know?

I've come to the conclusion that after taking regular classes next year, I will need counselling sessions. Like a lot of them. In the meanwhile, I will pick up meditation and yoga and do some cleansing rituals to zen myself out. Either that or someone has to buy me a punching bag for Christmas.

Leave A Comment