Macarons and Awkward Conversations

(Whole conversation was in Chinese)

Family Friend: Cynthia, you've finished your HSC?

Me: Yep.

Family Friend: Ah, okay. What university do you want to go to?

Me: If I get in, hopefully UTS.

Family Friend: Is that Roxie's one?

Me: Yeah, yeah it is.

Family Friend: Oh. So you don't want to go to a proper university?

Me: Er......

**********

LOL. Um okay. I'm just going to walk away awkwardly now 'cause I don't know how to properly answer that.

So I went to Zumbo's yesterday (the Rozelle store) and bought a lot of macarons.


 
 
Looks like someone ordered a croquembouche...

While we were there, we saw a guy coming out of the shop with one of those macaron towers from Masterchef. We asked him how much it cost and he said $400.

Rich people. I will never understand.

Speaking of rich, trendy people...


(Source)

They are literally everywhere in the Rozelle/Balmain area, lounging out at the coffee shops at the corners and flocking to the second-hand markets. I can't wait till I have money. Then I can blow all my cash having breakfast quiches at Zumbo's every morning.

By the way. None of youse will ever understand the meaning of "embarrassment" until your dad tries to go out looking like this:

Leave A Comment