Job Hunting

Yes I know, I hate that title too. Every time I see the words "job hunting" I just want to kill it with fire or chuck it off the side of the Great Wall of China. But I will refrain for now because otherwise, I will never be able to write this post.

So like, I think I might (I repeat, might) have been offered a job at a tutoring center a few weeks ago. If this is true, it probably won't start until February next year. In the meantime, MY PARENTS HAVE CUT OFF ALL MY POCKET MONEY/OUTING FUNDS INDEFINITELY.... or at least until I get my ass out of the house and into some kind of employment.

*insert moment of silence for Cynthia's newfound poverty*

Okay, all joking aside - this is no laughing matter! Especially since I just spent 4-5 hours yesterday discussing with my girls all the things we would get up to during this 4 month break, all of which require money. Lots of it. My savings will only last up to a certain point and after that I will have to languish at home watching crappy daytime television.

On Monday, when I go to school for violin, I'm going to need to drop in on some teachers for references. Then I really really need to start setting up job alerts 'cause Xmas casual work is filling up like crazy. Definitely should've started earlier but 1) I was in a state of complacency after getting the tutoring job and 2) I was too busy enjoying the post-HSC glow. Oh well, better late than never I guess. If anyone has any suggestions, by all means, please tell me. I'm going to do the usual rounds (Woolies, Targets, etc) but you never know... At this point, anything looks good.

Le sigh. Adulthood sucks ass, doesn't it?

Comments
3 Responses to “Job Hunting”
  1. fodmn says:

    Woolies at Cabra is hiring, and Target at livo and cotton on kids at both livo and parra. Try your luck with the sorting and stuff at the post office, it's exceptionally good pay :) there is also this new grill restaurant at canley heights which is opening soon and is looking for waiters and stuff LOL if you're up for that. Or you could try Dymocks, they might still be looking for youngn's to abuse LOL

  2. Cynthia says:

    Okay, thanks! I'll definitely try applying for those. I read your post about Dymocks. Did you end up getting the job?

  3. fodmn says:

    Yep LOL my third day tomorrow

Leave A Comment