Crafty Stuff

Watching True Blood and Once Upon a Time simultaneously is giving me mental whiplash. One of them is 100% family friendly and the other is... not. It's kind of like trying to read The Hunger Games and The Great Gatsby at the same time. I still love both shows though. They're just different.


Spot the loveheart 

Anyhoo, now that I have some free time, I might try doing more crafty things. I drew a tree today. It was fun. For some reason, the art that appeals to me the most is the simple, repetitive stuff. I especially love the paper craft that involves making a lot of little elements and then sticking them together at the end to create something. E.g. the kusudama flower ball I made Tian for her birthday:



If anyone knows of anything similar, please tell me. I'm finding that I have way too much time these days. Just make sure it's not too hard - art and I often don't get along. 

I would also like to do some puzzles. Except I don't have any. LOL I still remember this one time Juliana came over back in like, year 8 or something, and we basically spent the day doing puzzles. It was so easy to amuse ourselves back then. But yeah, I need to keep myself occupied. Whenever my mum sees me sitting there with the computer, she either kicks my ass out to do some exercise or hands me a basket full of clothes to fold. Woman really cannot comprehend the meaning of "relaxation". Honestly.

P.S. Congratulations President Obama! (If I was American, I would've voted for you. Hell, if America didn't want you, you'd be more than welcome to come to Australia! No, really.) 

Leave A Comment