Song of the Week: "The Last Time" by Taylor Swift ft. Gary Lightbody



 
This one caught my attention. Not sure why. Maybe it was the harmonies - I am such a sucker for good harmonies, y'know. (That probably explains my unhealthy, soul-consuming obsession for The Civil Wars...)
 
I love Taylor Swift but sometimes her songs do get a bit repetitive. I feel like she did try to do something different with the new album though so I'll cut her some slack and try not to roll my eyes at her lyrics. (I have a sneaking suspicion that whenever she feels lazy, she grabs bits and pieces from her journal/diary and uses those excerpts as lyrics for her songs). If she wants to write about relationships - fine. It's obviously worked before so no point changing something that doesn't need fixing. But, as someone mentioned on youtube, instead of writing about how sucky all her past boyfriends were, she might want to try writing songs about how sucky she is at choosing guys to date. Now there's something to ponder.
 
P.S. Emily, I totally understand your confusion over the Janoskians! My sister loves them but I just find them mildly annoying and vulgar-ish. (No hate to anyone out there who does love them though. Just putting in my two cents.)
 
 

Comments
One Response to “Song of the Week: "The Last Time" by Taylor Swift ft. Gary Lightbody”
  1. TEAEMZY. says:

    OMG HI5. Can't stand them LOL

Leave A Comment