Feelings

People who know me know that it's really hard to make me cry for a movie, book or tv show. I can think of maybe just two incidents in my entire life where I got teary over something I watched or read: the first of these being that time I read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and the second being Toy Story 3. (There was also that strange moment years ago when an episode of SYTYCD made my eyes itch but that might have been because of a weird hormonal glitch...) It's not that I don't feel emotions - I felt angry after watching The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, depressed after The Pursuit of Happiness and mildly empty after the last Harry Potter book - but all those feelings came with a certain sense of detachment, like I was feeling it.... but at the same time not feeling it.

Haha, this is really hard to explain. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I don't cry over books/movies. I've got Tian to do that for me, lol.

Which is why it's so weird that this morning, the book I was reading made my eyes go a little bit teary.


What is this mindfuckery???
 
That was my first reaction. My kobo e-reader told me I was only on page 168 of 424 and already I was feeling ~EMOTIONS~. I thought, how was this possible?? Is this a strange side effect of the HSC or am I just reading something totes awesome. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY THAW OUT THIS FROZEN HEART OF MINE??
 
It's still too early to say what happened and I'm barely near the middle of the book so it would be stupid to try to write a review. I just wanted to let you guys know about this strange occurrence. I won't blog about it yet but I will post a related picture here.  
 

 
 
By: crazytealady on deviantart
 
Now for something totally different and not as melancholy:
 
ICED COMES OUT IN THREE DAYS!!!
 
 
My sentiments exactly. 
 
My love for the Fever Series is inexplicable and has probably been unreasonably exacerbated by the amount of time I spend on goodreads or fangirling over Barrons. I can't help it okay? We all have our guilty pleasures.
 
 
 
 
If you STILL haven't read it, this is my not-so-subtle hint that you should go out and purchase the whole series. Like now. Or maybe after the HSC. Will I ever stop doing this? Er no. If I could, I would probably haunt your dreams and whisper to your subconsciousness to do so. HURRY UP AND FUCKING READ ALREADY GUYS SO WE CAN SHARE OUR FEELINGS AND STUFF BEFORE I EXPLODE. IT'S BEEN LIKE, ALMOST A YEARRRRR.  
 
Okay, till next time then.
 
 
P.P.S. I wish youtube would stop changing its layout every five seconds. It's getting annoying. 

Leave A Comment