Exam Reaction: English Advanced Paper 2

I'm feeling a bit of this:
 

And perhaps a bit of this too:


Don't get the wrong idea. This is not to say that I did brilliantly in Paper 2 and that my essays were Hermione-Granger standard. For all I know, I could've fucked it up real bad - when I came out of the exam room, I had an "oh shit" moment where I realised I never used the terminology of the question in my essay so I might have screwed up my chances of getting A-range responses. Also, there were moments where I had no idea what I was writing and whether it was even relatable to the question but I regurgitated my stuff anyway...
 
BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERS BECAUSE I DIDN'T RUN OUT OF TIME. Like seriously guys, I was so scared of not being able to finish my essays because everytime I practiced them at home, I always went over by like 3 minutes. So technically, it shouldn't have been possible for me to finish all three. Also, the BOS people must've felt bad about Paper 1 'cause Paper 2 had great questions. Well, at least I thought they were great... I had a mini heart-attack when I saw the EBB question but then I realised that two nights ago, I'd spent an hour trying to explain Romantic Modernism to people who needed my help and that IT WAS ALL GOOD 'CAUSE I COULD TALK ABOUT THAT IN "TEXTUAL FORM". HALLE-FREAKIN-LUJAH. HIGH-FIVES ALL AROUND.
 
In the end though, I'm just really glad there were no nasty surprises in that test, aka no asking for two related texts or something in Module C. Plus, like Emily said on her blog, being able to do your best is the only thing that matters.
 
Hooray! I'm so glad maths is up next. I need a break from intensive cramming.

Leave A Comment