Last Days of High School // Song of the Week: "Lullaby" by Priscilla Ahn





Like a lot of people whose blogs I follow, I feel neither happy nor sad about the end of my high school life. To me, it's just a big, fat, meh. There have been plenty of criers - teachers and students alike - but the only effect this has on me is to remind me of my own impassivity. Perhaps it just hasn't hit home yet - perhaps to me, it still isn't the end because we haven't gotten over that last hurdle. Or perhaps (and I think this is the most likely), it is because, like Ron Weasley, I have the emotional range of a teaspoon.



A lot has been going on these past few days (obviously). First off, with the help of Tian, Nancy and I discovered the joys of waxing. It's actually not as painful as I thought it would be - those stupid movies misled me into thinking that it would be an excruciating ordeal. But it's not. It's quite fun actually - once you get the hang of it. We spent a few hours sitting on a pile of newspapers on Nancy's living room floor figuring out the correct angle to apply the wax, etc, etc.
 
We also found baby photos for the school Yearbook. Unfortunately, they got rejected because the committee only wanted "individual photos". Boo... I ain't spending any more time looking for pictures. They can either take 'em or leave 'em. Seriously - look at these photos. WHAT KIND OF HEARTLESS PERSON REJECTS PHOTOS LIKE THESE??






 
I really like Tian's expression in this last one.

On a side note, we used to be so cute back then. What happened guys???
 
Anyhoo, quick recap of what's been happening at school:
 
Maths: We gave Ms D her Pandora bracelet and she cried. Ngawwww. We then gave her lots of hugs and she cried harder.
 
English: Ms S cried before we even made our toast to her LOL. She had to duck out of the room to fetch a tissue box. While she was out, a bunch of Year 12's gathered out in E block to a) see Mr M emerge in his pink shirt and suspenders and b) to skip class. It looked something like this:



Someone then yelled out that they saw Mrs B approaching and our grade then did the most awesomest scattering effect you've ever seen. It was like that scene in Spirited Away, when the dust mites get startled and they all run to the nearest holes. Actually, this gif kind of describes the situation:



... except it was on a much, much bigger scale. Afterwards, Mrs B walked into our english class and said, "Did any of you people happen to see a large group of Year 12's gathered out in the block? We got a few complaints from teachers that something was going on outside." *cue a lot of head ducking and smothered laughs*
 
Legal Studies: We watched Taken and Mr G fed us pastizzi and sausage rolls. Great times. We got to stuff ourselves with hot food while watching (or in my case, rewatching) one of the most epic displays of badassery that ever graced a movie screen. Seriously. Liam Neeson - please be my dad.
 
English Extension: We got cake and coffee/mocha and spent the whole double period talking about travelling. Mrs A told us about a trip to Cyprus she took when she was 18 and how she thought she was going to die at the airport because of all the scary guys walking around toting machine guns. It was quite funny actually.  
 
During lunchtime on Wednesday, there was the Teachers vs Students Basketball Game. Watching it was quite a strange experience - mostly because I kept looking at people and thinking, "Hey, you used to be such a midget in Year 7... when exactly did that growth spurt happen?"
 
All that happened a few days ago.
 
TODAY, we had our Year 12 picnic and everyone came home with tons of sand in their bikinis. The group prepared our own lunch the night before - Group 1 made cupcakes, Group 2 made sandwiches and pasta, and Group 3 (my group) made a blueberry, swirl cheesecake.


An early picture of the cake we made - isn't it pwetty?? The swirls are made from a blueberry and sugar puree.

Despite getting dunked repeatedly, sunburnt, and having my knees scraped raw, it was still a great day. I finally felt a little bit sad, watching our spastic grade do spastic things on that beach .... but that lasted about as long as Othilia's tuna sandwiches. Then I was back to normal.


 

Tomorrow morning will be the Formal Assembly and later on that night, the whole grade will be turning up at Curzon Hall for my birthday party. Yes, the whole grade - even those people I hardly talk to will turn up to wish me a Happy 18th - isn't that marvellous??
 
LOL jokes - who am I kidding? No one wants to go to my birthday party :( *FOREVER ALONE*. BUT they will be turning up for the Year 12 Formal, which happens to be on my birthday, so....
 
Anyways, that's all that's been happening in my life recently. Despite all the chaos and the impending feeling of DOOM (resulting from the HSC), these last few days have been so fun and memorable. For now, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride. Screw the HSC, screw post-school responsibilities - we've worked 13 years for this moment and we will damn well enjoy the celebrations coming our way.

Leave A Comment