Books, Clothes and Ramen

So... I blew lots of money yesterday. Admittedly, not a lot of it was mine to begin with - sorry Mum, sorry Dad, I will get a job after the HSC - really, I will.
 
 
Black chiffon 3/4 jacket from Blockout, to wear over my formal dress (maybe):
 

Another black outer jacket from TEMT for everyday use:


Floral-print dress from Paper Scissors:


Cream cardigan to go over it, also from Paper Scissors:



And something shiny to wear with my formal dress. It's shiny. Very shiny. This was an 18th birthday present from my Mum that cost MORE THAN MY ACTUAL FORMAL DRESS. Like seriously - I've never gotten anything so expensive. I don't even know what to do with it. Where do I keep it? In a safe? A heavily padlocked and chained safe? Protected by a fire-breathing dragon from Gringotts Wizarding Bank, maybe? On a side note, the lady who helped pick it out was very friendly. She was also wearing those contact lenses that make your eyes look like they have tiny diamonds in them - very fitting for someone working at Swarovski.


Last, but definitely not least, this was the most satisfying purchase of the day, for me:

 
Fuck yeah - BEEF FLAVOURED RAMEN!!

It doesn't take much to make me happy - ramen, books and a good internet connection are probably all I need in life. Speaking of books, Dymocks at Parra didn't have Angelfall... They had 1,473,609 copies of Fifty Shades of Grey stacked in towering piles at the extrance of the bookshop - but no Angelfall. They didn't even have the American version of Divergent. Dude, if I'm going to use my money to buy a book instead of getting it at the library, I would like for it to have the proper cover.

They had this one:



When I was looking for this one: 

 
Le sigh. Why are Australian/British covers always so much uglier than the American ones? Germany's also got some amazing covers as well. Just look at their version of The Hunger Games:



Perhaps this is a sign that I shouldn't read young adult books. Believe it or not, I don't think I've touched a young adult book since December last year. How many months is that? Ten? Maybe it's because I can't empathize with characters only just starting high school. I don't know...

Comments
2 Responses to “Books, Clothes and Ramen”
  1. Cecilia says:

    I've been meaning to buy Divergent as well, though I think after the HSC :(. Rumor is a movie's coming out. Also,if you want the cool cover, just head over to the book depot :P

  2. Cynthia says:

    Ahh okay thanks. I knew there were some bookstores that had the right cover - I could've sworn I saw some a few months ago.

Leave A Comment