Books and TV shows


 
(Source: TCW's facebook page)

CONGRATS, THE CIVIL WARS, ON YOUR ALBUM GOING GOLD!! I LOVE YOU GUYS - PLEASE NEVER STOP MAKING MUSIC!!! I'M GOING TO SOMEHOW FIGURE OUT A WAY TO SCRAPE TOGETHER SOME MONEY TO GET TO YOUR AUSTRALIAN CONCERT NEXT YEAR OKAY?! I'LL EVEN ROB A FUCKING BANK IF I HAVE TO, OKAY?? OKAY?!?!?! /end spaz.


 
My fangirlism - it cannot be contained. 

*ahem* Okay, now that the obligatory Civil Wars reference is outta the way, let's talk about ... books! Yay!.... Nay? Well serves you right for subscribing to this blog in the first place!

So I recently finished A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin - otherwise known as the 2nd book if the Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones series. It was pretty good... except it took me about 5 weeks to read 'cause I was constantly distracted by other books. What can I say? I've got the "oooh shiny syndrome" and have trouble finishing books longer than 350 pages.


In the time it took me to read this book, I think I finished about 15 other ones. Yup.

Anyway there's not much to say about it, except for the fact that now I'm finished, I can watch more Season 2 clips from the TV show on YouTube without fear of spoiling myself. My favourite character arc for this book was actually Sansa, believe it or not. I don't know what it is but her story is so interesting. Arya's was pretty awesome too - especially when she met H'ghar and he did all that killing for her. Tyrion and Bran bored me to tears, unfortunately. And Theon... jeezus. Does he ever stop having sex? Ever?

Speaking of books, is anyone else going to read the new JK Rowling one? The premise doesn't sound that great.... but it's JK Rowling so I suppose I still would read it.

My sister started watching Gossip Girl last night and I was kind of passively watching as well. It brought back so many memories LOL. I used to be so obsessed with it - thanks again Jessica. I think it was you who gave me the first 12 episodes. You were also the one who introduced me to Doctor Who and because of you, I think I might start watching True Blood as well. Haha.


Gossip Girl here. Your one and only source into the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite...
 
(Source)  

 Anyhoo, I really miss Chuck & Blair.... They were such a cute couple. I would continue Gossip Girl... 'cept I have no idea what episode I got up to. That's actually the case for all the shows I never finished - The Vampire Diaries, 90210, Chuck, etc. etc. Once I stop something, it's very unlikely that I would ever pick it up again. Now that I think about it, I should probably try to start Season 7 of Doctor Who ASAP, just in case I lose interest by leaving it too late.

Before I forget, Othilia, you should check out www.markreads.net. Basically, this guy, Mark, reads books and posts his reactions and thoughts after every chapter. I've been reading his blog/site since 2010 when he was doing his reactions to Twilight/The Hunger Games. Before that, he read the entire Harry Potter series and oh god, his reactions and predictions for each book were so funny. Anyway, I brought it up cause he's currently reading the Song of the Lioness quartet and seeing how we both used to have a thing for Tamora Pierce, it might be worth checking out.

Before I finish, I have to post this:


because it reminded me so much of this:


LOL Cynthia fail.

P.S. Hey Emily - if by any chance you're reading this, I just want to say that I hope it's okay that I'm following your blog. I was gonna post a comment on your cbox but apparently it's locked so... yeah. Anyhoo I hope it's fine :)

P.P.S. I recently got a job offer! My first one too! But I won't say where it's at in case I get jinxed.

P.P.P.S. You HAVE to watch this, if you haven't already:



 
Peeta: "And that's how babies grow??"
 
Oh Peeta... that's definitely not how babies grow... and I'm pretty sure there are about 50 billion girls out there who wouldn't mind volunteering to show you how it's really done...

Comments
2 Responses to “Books and TV shows”
  1. Cecilia says:

    OMG I RECENTLY GOT A JOB OFFER (well, interview) TOO. DOES IT START WITH 'M' AND END IN 'R'?!?!?!?!?!!?

  2. Cynthia says:

    No it doesn't... But congrats on the offer!! Mine wasn't actually a 'job' job. It was just someone asking if I'd be willing to work at ______ after I finish the hsc.

Leave A Comment