Song of the Week: "Billie Jean" - by Michael Jackson - Civil Wars Cover





Totally live, guys. Have I mentioned that I love this band/duet? I want to have babies with their melodies. Seriously, I do. Looking up the word "harmony" in the dictionary would bring up the definition: The Civil Wars.
 
Speaking of dictionaries, did you know the words "lolz", "douche", "photobomb" and - get this - even "vajazzled", have recently been added to the Oxford dictionary. (Full article here). I heard about it on the radio last week and had a bit of a LOL moment.
 
And while we're on the topic of interesting facts, I was looking through the UTS site for any possible scholarships I might be able to apply for and although this one doesn't apply to me, I came across the "Pinnacle Foundation Scholarship". Eligibility criteria? Homosexuality. Yup. At first glance it does sound like a rather odd requirement but then I read a bit more and apparently, it's supposed to help people who have been marginalized due to sexual orientation, gender identity, etc. Selection process involves wanting to make a difference in the world and being proud to stand up for LBGT rights. Can read more about that here.
 
Okay, so that's my quota of random, useless facts done for the day. Good night.

Comments
One Response to “Song of the Week: "Billie Jean" - by Michael Jackson - Civil Wars Cover ”
Leave A Comment