Questionable Music Tastes

AAAAYYYYYY SEXAY LADAYYY! Op-op-op-op-oppa Gangnam Style!



I've never doubted k-pop's ability to take over the world. With the astronomical rise of youtube and social media, it seemed about as inevitable as me caving in to blog during my trials week. (To be fair though, I only have maths and legal studies left). As I was saying, it was inevitable that the Western world would eventually have to sit up and take notice of this South Korean phenomenon. I just never expected it to happen in this way.

Yes people - the number one song on the Australian Billboard charts right now is not Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen's new hit; neither is it Katy Perry's "Wide Awake" nor Maroon 5's "Payphone". It is Psy's "Gangnam Style". It's got about 10 million views - you have to keep in mind that it was only uploaded about 15 days ago.

This is really impressive LOL. And quite amusing, actually. People who have no idea what k-pop is will be watching it and thinking "Dafuq did I just watch??"

Uh-huh. Y'all have just gotten your k-pop cherry popped. It's okay to feel a little bit violated. Especially when this suddenly appears on your screen.


Can't be bothered posting a video. Plus, Jun's already done so on his blog so you should just head on over there.

People, we need to learn this dance ASAP and perform it at the formal! Can you imagine the teachers' reactions when this song comes on and we all start doing that move? PRICELESS!!

Speaking of questionable music tastes, the Biebz *snort* has just released his music video for "As Long As You Love Me". I can admit it - that was actually my favourite song of his from the album. Something about the tune is so catchy. Must be the "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LOVE" bit. It's worth listening to, for those who haven't heard it yet. Just.... ignore the cheesy lyrics.... and pretentious music video, and you'll be fine.   

Okay, now that I've managed to thoroughly discredit myself, I'm just gonna go do some maths practice papers. Cyas'

P.S. Youtube is draining my life. Just thought I should warn you guys. If you ever find yourself in the "ellen", "military homecomings", "britain's got talent" or "wedding proposals" sections, you had better close the window before the computer starts sucking your life force out of you. Don't say I didn't warn you.  

Leave A Comment