The Doctor and the Torch



Was going to say that I would have been sorely disappointed if David Tennant didn't end up being the one to light up the stadium at the opening ceremony. After watching that episode of Doctor Who last year (was it really last year or did I get the dates wrong??), I felt that it wouldn't have been right if he wasn't the one to do it.

Then I saw this:


And this:


And this:

My life is now complete.

So is anyone else going to wake up early to watch the ceremony? I'm going to, even though I have this little thing called The Trials coming up and I'm supposed to be getting enough sleep. What do you think they're gonna do? Personally, I'm hoping for a Harry Potter float. Come to think of it, I've got a few ideas of what they should do. How bout I write a list and tomorrow, I'll come back and see if any of my predictions were right.

The 2012 Olympic Ceremony will consist of:

  • A Harry Potter Float - consisting of four giant floats to represent each of the houses. Then Daniel, Emma and Rupert will come out on plastic brooms suspended above the stadium (safely harnessed of course). For added effect, they may even attempt to project a Dark Mark onto one of the screens.
  • A Doctor Who Parade - complete with Daleks, Weeping Angels and Oods. OMG, they should also wheel in a TARDIS and set it in the middle of the stadium. And guess who steps out of the TARDIS?
  • The Queen of England! Now wouldn't that be dramatic? I can already picture it happening. Fog machines will turn on and the lights will be dimmed. It will be a glorious moment.
  • Susan Boyle. They should get her to sing "I Dreamed a Dream" but if that's not possible, she could always do the National Anthem.
  • Charlieissocoollike. I'm not sure what he could do but it would be nice if YouTube had a representative. Perhaps he would be willing to paint himself purple again.
  • A performance from The Spice Girls. They could put them on one of those stages that seem to rise out of the centre of the stadium. I'm sorry but I can't really think of any other British bands at the moment. Oh right, One Direction! They could pair each of them up since each band has 5 members each. Maybe we would get a One Thing/ Wannabe mashup?
  • A Shakespeare performance. Oh come on, it wouldn't be an opening ceremony if you didn't feel like falling asleep at least once.
  • Performances from Ed Sheeran and Adele. Whooooo!!!! British music represent!!!

And that's about all I can think of.... if anyone knows how they might manage to work in Jamie Oliver, William and Kate, please tell me. I have a good feeling about my predictions, guys. Let's see how many I get right.  

Leave A Comment