Someone put me out of my misery...


It's been a long time since I've felt so sick. I don't even know what "sickness" this is. My head hurts, my stomach hurts, I feel hot and cold simultaneously and my back aches. I feel like an old man.... an old man who's nearly been run over by a car.

Being sick makes me feel unproductive as well. I spent my double free period lying across three chairs in the library impersonating a hobo at Hyde Park. Now I know why people love sleeping in free periods so much. And when I felt cold, I migrated to the heater. Of course, afterwards I felt really guilty because I realised I now had a ton of untouched maths homework.

Then came recess and I went around asking for drugs from people. Okay, not drugs but Panadol. Unfortunately, nobody had Panadol so Juliana and I went to first aid where I asked my auntie if she had anything. She couldn't give me anything though without ringing my mum so I was like, "Nahhh". So much effort just to stop feeling so nauseous.

After recess, I had to give my Wuthering Heights speech which was worth 40%. It wasn't too bad. Mostly I just forgot how sick I was....until I finished the speech and then spent the rest of the double trying not to run outside and throw up in the bin. It was torture. I wanted to get up and lie horizontally on the table just to stop the aching in my back LOL. Poor Ms A - she had to sit through three similar speeches on Wuthering Heights, one of her students had just dropped and another one now wanted to impersonate a sacrificial lamb.

Afterwards I walked home with Tian. Again I mostly kept silent and tried not to puke. When I'm sick, I'm much more quiet than usual. And it gets tiring explaining to people how crap you feel so mostly I just stay silent. Unfortunately that also means coming across much more antisocial than usual. Sorry guys - I wasn't trying to be a bitch, I just felt too crap to talk.

At home, I dragged my pillow and blankets downstairs and passed out on the couch. I woke up three hours later feeling better but also immensely guilty. Those three hours could have been spent doing my extension 2 project. Le sigh. This is why I hate taking naps on a school day; I always end up feeling so guilty. Gahhh! I hate being sick.   

Leave A Comment