My love for Eurovision knows no bounds. Even as I write this, I'm being entertained watching an over-enthusiastic, middle-aged, Serbian guy belt his lungs out on stage. But as much as I love Eurovision, I really do wish Australia would stop showing the finals on Sunday night. I have tutor on Sunday nights! Why do they have to make my life so hard??


Seriously, how is this not entertaining to you???


Go my Russian bitches, go!

I was watching the Graham Norton Show the other day and one of the guests saw a picture similar to this one and said, "So can you like, twist them in half and put one inside the other?" I laughed so hard at that. Interesting fact: Eurovision only allows for a maximum of 6 people on stage (this includes back-up dancers) so they had to ditch two of the grannies when they went to Baku.


This was worth watching, if only for the unexpected, badass, stomping routine during the bridge. I have to admit though - I spent the majority of the song wishing she would pull her dress up. At one point, it looked she was gonna do a Christina Aguilera and have a wardrobe malfunction. 


Oh, and this lady was terrible (as expected). Apparently there was a lot of controversy surrounding her "facebook" song so she had to change the lyrics. It became the "social network song" instead. Seriously woman, your song is terrible - did you have to go and add a cop and cheerleader to the routine as well? And oh god, those pants! Burn them!!!

So anyway, the final is on tomorrow on SBS. I can't wait. Bring on the pyrotechnics and Euro-Pop. It will be entertaning - not because the countries are competing to win but because a lot of them are competing to lose. After all, the winning country has to fork out the big bucks and host the event the next year.

Leave A Comment