Medley of the Week


This was single-handedly the most glorious thing I saw tonight.

(Change it to 480p before watching... and skip to 3:10 if you want to watch Rybak in all his magnificence).

It may not be that glorious to you guys but to someone who watches Eurovision every single year, this was the ultimate fan dedication. Basically, they had the past five winners from the previous five years collaborate on a medley which showcased their winning songs. They performed this during the interval (when the contest organisers were still counting Europe's votes) and I was yelling at the TV screen when Alexander Rybak came on.

Oh Alexander Rybak - how I have missed your awesome violin skills and craptastic lyrics. I remember when I used to youtube your songs compulsively every day after school. I showed your "Fairytale" song to my friends but they didn't get it. Most of them thought I was weird for liking it. Ah well, they don't get you like I do.

And good ol' Dima Bilan. Remember the year he did the opening for the Eurovision final and nearly ruined his glorious entry by getting tangled up in the harness/cable thingy? I felt so embarassed for him.... but it was still funny to watch. He tried to enter Eurovision this year but was beaten by the old grannies. It's okay man - they were pretty hard to live up to.

The Azerbaijan couple can't sing. They butchered Waterloo, but it's okay cause I spent the majority of that watching Alexander Rybak anyway.

Leave A Comment