Song of the Week: "Your Song" by Janet Devlin

Today was such an epic fail. I woke up all motivated and shit - ready to churn out at least 500 words for my extension 2 project since I haven't touched it in the last 4 weeks. I then got sidetracked by Bloodfever, the fourth book of the Fever series and when I finished reading it, I sat in my bed like a stunned lump of useless nothing-ness.

I then got up and took a shower (I compulsively take showers when I'm feeling sick) and then went downstairs for breakfast. After breakfast, I came back upstairs, sat down with my laptop and wrote a little bit. I think I managed to come up with 200 words. It wasn't much. And in terms of story progression, nothing really happened.

Then I sat and I'm not quite sure what I did for the last 2 and a half hours. I might've been reading some stylerookie: http://www.thestylerookie.com/ or I might/might not have been youtubing The Civil Wars.

Either way, it was not very productive and now I no longer feel like writing. Seriously guys, pumping myself up to write anything for EX2 is such an ordeal. I just want to start the whole thing over again - go with a different concept and just write like I normally do. But I won't because deep down I have a feeling that even if I had chosen a different concept, I would've eventually gotten bored of it as well.

Anyway, here's a song for you guys:



I wish Janet would release a full studio album.

Leave A Comment