Not Again

You know that feeling you get? The one when, after you've finished a fantastic series/show that just totally blew your mind, leaves you feeling like nothing will ever match up to its standard. That feeling that the thing you've just finished has TOTALLY RUINED EVERY OTHER BOOK/MOVIE/SHOW THAT YOU WILL EVER READ/WATCH IN YOUR LIFE EVER AGAIN. I have that feeling :( WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME, MS KAREN MARIE MONING, WHYYYY?!?!?! YOU HAVE RUINED ME - RUIIINNEEDDD ME I SAY!!!



I have just finished the Fever series. Am now going to lock myself into my room and cry/grieve over the end of yet another thing I love. Dude, I suck. I should stop growing so attached to things. It's unhealthy :(

Credit for artwork: http://arkoniel.deviantart.com/art/fever-Jericho-and-Mac-195805642?offset=10

Comments
4 Responses to “Not Again”
  1. Cecilia says:

    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH is it comparable to the Hunger Games? Because I'm trying to decide whether or not to drop these books into my bookdepository basket :)

  2. Cynthia says:

    Long Comment LOL, sorry.

    I'm not sure they can be compared LOL. The Hunger Games is young adult and dystopian and I would say, has much heavier themes (war/repression). The Fever series is adult - which means you have to be prepared to read some very graphic stuff - especially from book 3 onwards(but I'm sure you can handle it). It's about the fae and whilst it's also got themes of war/chaos, I don't think it's trying particularly hard to get a moral message across. Karen Marie Moning's aim seems to be purely enjoyment/escapist fiction. In terms of enjoyment, I don't really know how to compare them LOL. I read The Hunger Games a while ago so I didn't compare their quality but I suppose if you're looking for something that totally blows THG out of the water, you might be in a bit of a pickle. BUT YOU STILL SHOULD READ IT!!!! THEY ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT BOOKS AND I'M SURE YOU WOULD ENJOY THE FEVER SERIES!!!

  3. Cecilia says:

    SOUND DELISH. BUYING THEM RIGHT NOW MWAHAHAHHA

  4. Cynthia says:

    ^ I APPROVE OF ABOVE COMMENT :D

Leave A Comment