Song of the Week: "Eyes Open" by Taylor Swift

My ass is hurting like nobody's business. But I will get to that in a minute. For now, here's Taylor Swift's new contribution to The Hunger Games soundtrack.



I heard from some of the fansites that people who've gone to advanced screenings say that didn't actually hear any of the songs on the soundtrack being played during the movie. I kind of wanted to hear Safe and Sound somewhere in there but I suppose it makes sense not to include them if it detracts from the believability of a scene.

Oh and The Civil Wars (who I swear are going to become my musical addiction of 2012) also have two songs on the soundtrack as well.

So as I was saying before, my butt really hurts. My thighs and feet hurt as well - damn Cross Country. To be fair, this year's one was actually quite fun. I never knew I would say that... cross country was... fun. I think it's because I'm in year 12 and everything magically becomes ten times more amusing when you're the oldest grade in the school. In the earlier years, you take everything so seriously but now it's just like, MEH.

I also quite liked it because I actually placed in this year's run. I came 11th LOL. Funny story actually - I never expected to place so I walked for half of the 4 kms thinking, "What's the point of trying to get back so early?" I got to the finish line and walked straight past the time keeper people and then when the teacher asked if I'd gotten a ticket, I said "no". But then Mr J ran up and said, "Actually she did get a ticket. She came 11th," and I did a double-take. Haha, I should have just ran as much as I could.

Sitting there afterwards on the silver bench whilst licking my zooper dooper ice block was a very satisfying feeling. I felt proud of myself.... for about 10 minutes. And then I realised that the only reason I placed was because in previous years, I'd raced people of a higher age than me and since I am now categorised as one of the "older people" I no longer have to compete with those others. So yeah, my satisfaction was short-lived.

After school, a few of us went to Villawood for laser-tag and bowling. And can I just say, bowling is like the most retarded thing every invented. It's not fun at all. AT ALL. GRRRRRRRrrrr.

Okay, maybe it was a leeeeettle bit fun. But still. I also firmly believe that Juliana took drugs on the second round. That's how she magically became so good at bowling.

In the end, we took photos at a train station... cause like taking photos in nice places is so mainstream.

Photobucket

Leave A Comment