Song(s) of the Week + The Civil Wars + Free Album Download

Ha! Got your attention with the "Free Album Download" part didn't I? Yes, you read right, there is a free album download this week. But before I get to that, let me talk about The Civil Wars.

The Civil Wars are the most awesome thing to happen to me all week. Yeah, I'm aware they existed a long time before I started paying attention but for those long time fans, bear with me as I go through my mini fangasm.



Original source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfzRlcnq_c0

All their songs are so beautiful. Simple, but beautiful. Basically, the grammy nominated due is made up of Joy Williams and John Paul White. They're married but not to each other. However they make such beautiful acoustic music together that you would've thought they WERE married to each other. Their website describes their songs as "minimalistic" which I guess means there's no fancy schmancy beat disrupting their tunes.

The website also says that the song above was apparently played in its entirety on an episode of Grey's Anatomy. I wouldn't know cause I don't watch Grey's Anatomy but apparently after that episode aired, hundreds of thousands of people started googling the song and they were given a huge popularity boost. Taylor Swift also tweeted her love for the duo, which I guess partly explains their collaboration on Safe and Sound.

Usually I would only post one song per week but I think for this band, I have to make an exception because I love them too much and only one video does not do them justice. Here's the first song that they ever wrote together.



Original source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkxFA7nzLFg

Oh and yeah, they have a free album download on their official site (fully legal if you're wondering). The performances on it are live but that doesn't matter because I have a feeling their live performances are even better than their studio stuff. There's 10 songs on the album I think: http://thecivilwars.com/music.php

Leave A Comment