Le Sigh

Again, yes I am still alive and no I have not done anything productive since I last blogged.

********

The most terrible thing has happened.

I have run out of Paranormal Romance Series'.

Okay, technically I haven't "run out" because there are about a bijillion ones out there but after reading the latest Kresley Cole book, Lothaire, every paranormal series henceforth has been ruined for me. RUINED I SAY!



It's no secret that I love my trashy novels. Strange. If you'd asked me what type of books I liked early last year, I wouldn't have said paranormal romances as my first choice. I think doing English Extension and just Year 11 English in general, has awoken a deeper craving of easily consumable novels within me. NO I don't want to read any more deep meaningful shit *cough-never-let-me-go-cough" and NO I certainly do not want to read boring old classic literature *cough-castle-of-otranto*. I want something that doesn't strain my brain cells and basically books that will allow me to forget about the real world for a while.
But I digress.

So far I've only read the Immortals After Dark series, the Night Huntress series and J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I tried to read the first book of Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series but was repulsed by the horrid writing and plot. Just because something is classified as "romance" does not mean it can be written horribly. Maybe I'm judging too quickly though (I only read the first 1 or 2 books). Everyone else seems to put it up there with Kresley Cole and JR Ward so maybe I should give it another try. Huh.

Haha what am I talking about anymore? Nowadays I get so easily distracted when I blog. Perhaps because it's the holidays and I feel like I should be doing something else with my time.... like Skyrim-ing

or watching tennis

or Running Man

or reading escapist fiction

or having "drinking games" with my neighbours until I'm squirming from the urge to pee. LOL.

Leave A Comment