Shiny Sequins... *shivers*

I never ever want to see another colourful leotard or shiny sequin EVER AGAIN. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

It's not that I hate dancing. I used to compulsively watch the American version of SYTYCD whenever it was on after all. But there's just something really ..... sickening about the whole "parents sending their children to dance lessons when they're too young to know any better." Okay, that's really bitter of me but every time I'm forced to go to this annual Jazz, Tap and Ballet recital at the _______ RSL Club, I just get extreme flashbacks of my own experiences. I didn't really like those Jazz lessons. At first they were fun but I guess in the end it was still rather traumatizing... being forced to dress up in flashy costumes and dance to songs from the '80s. Eughh *shivers*. To be fair though, they don't make the students dance to those songs anymore. They were playing pop music today. Still, I would NEVER subject my children to those kind of lessons. If they wanted to, then sure but I wouldn't force them. But just, ugh!

Haha the more I think about it, the more traumatizing it seems. My parents are evil people. They made sure to expose me to all sorts of random extracurricular activities when I was little in order to knock down my self-esteem. All that stuff about dancing and sports and how it "boosts your child's self confidence"? It's bull. What it does is make sure that in the future, you try to stay as far away as possible from activities like them. It's a crafty combination of over-exposure and manipulative childhood trauma.

Leave A Comment