Mum Fail

It's no secret that my parents don't really care about tests (unless they're the HSC of course). Everytime I tell them that I've got a test coming up, they don't really give a rat's ass which sometimes isn't a bad thing because I don't get any added pressure from them, like a lot of people do. But sometimes it can be a bit frustrating.

Like now for example. I've got the bloody 3u maths test to study for but now my whole Sunday has been taken up 'cause of my mum's tap-dancing concert thing. Everybody with me: EWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwWWWW. No offense mum, but I would rather gouge my eyeballs out with a blunt scalpel than watch you dance on stage. Yes I know that sounds a bit harsh but really, I've gone to every single one of those damned concerts for like 3-4 years now without fail and every time I feel a sense of regret that I didn't just stay home and watch reruns of Dr Phil because even that would be preferable to watching you dance.

Now she's all like, "I'm making you go tot he concert. It doesn't matter if you have a test on Monday - it's only maths. Everyone can do maths."

No mum, no.

Comments
One Response to “Mum Fail”
  1. Cecilia says:

    Can we please swap mums? Your mum sounds awesome. I would love to have a tap dancing mum :)

Leave A Comment