Hunting in the City for City Hunter

I feel so antsy right now because I don't have any video games to play LOL. What happened to Skyrim, you ask? Well my laptop happened. (Warning, nerdy computer jargon ahead). Basically , my puny little laptop doesn't meet the system requirements. This SUCKS because I've got the required 2GB (and more) of RAM, the dual core processor, Windows 7 and plenty of excess memory data. Unfortunately the only thing I'm missing is the video card with 512 MB of RAM. My one only goes up to 216 or something pathetic like that and that just has to be the most important component of the game's graphic quality. Pooface >:( I feel like time's running out for me. After these holidays, I'm never gonna be able to lose myself in a game like I've been doing when I was younger. Who hears about Year 12s gaming during their holidays? No one. They're too busy studying their ass off.

Computer issues aside, I had quite a nice day yesterday. I went to a city with a whole group of old friends from primary school and we basically just walked around shopping, eating Thai, getting smashed by bumper cars at Galaxy World and getting ripped off by dodgy, japanese claw games. (Seriously people, don't ever play those claw games at the caps place near Capitol Theatre - they are so rigged).

Oh and I shopped.
And spent lots of money.
Mostly on clothes and macarons.
And now I am even more broke.
And I feel so guilty.
And someone has to punch me in the face next time I'm about to spend lots of money.

What else did I do? Oh right, I looked through 4 asian drama stores trying to find City Hunter. This failed miserably.... it was sold out in every single shop I went to. No kidding. I knew it was popular but certainly not to that extent. Seriously Sydney, you'd think you'd have at least one shop which hadn't sold out of City Hunter. What is this? Are you telling me that a bijillion old ahjummas and noonas have managed to clean out every single drama store in the city in search of THE BEST drama of 2011 and that there is nothing left for little ol' me? Oh wait, don't answer that.

Despite that, it was still a great day. I had a great time with some old friends, catching up and reflecting on those blissfully ignorant days of primary school. The next time I see them will probably be after the HSC.... I feel sad just thinking about it.

Comments
One Response to “Hunting in the City for City Hunter”
  1. Cecilia says:

    I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT WE WILL NOT MEET AGAIN BEFORE THE END OF 2012 ):<

    Lolz, right now I'm watching my brother play Skyrim on the home comp. I understood all your jargon because I'm a computer geek myself. Why don't you use the 'my graphics card is too small and my intel core processor is too slow' excuse to ask for a new comp? :)

Leave A Comment