Congratulations, My Fellow Bloggers!

Just a heads up for you guys. I am 98.55% sure that for my English Extension 2 Major Work, I will be doing a series of BLOG POSTS about stuff. What exactly? I 'm not entirely sure. I still need a concept but I'm kind of leaning towards maybe exploring "How pop culture influences social media (aka blogs), and how in turn, social media influences what today's social identity is."

What did I just say up there? GOOD QUESTION GUYS. I will get back to you on that.... once I figure it out properly. See the thing is, I sometimes get these inspirational hallelujah moments on what my concept is about. And then a few days later, I will forget. Right now, I believe it means that I just want to look at how people perceive themselves through social media. Why do we blog? We blog because we want to talk about our interests (at least that's why I blog, I don't know about you). But in doing so, are we actually establishing our own identity - to tell people "this is who I am and this is what I like." Pop Culture can become the linking theme. I'm going to create a few personas/characters and they will blog about ...... I don't know, Lady Gaga, Gene Kelly, the Beatles, etc. And in doing so I can somehow hint that their interests have shaped the way they act, they way they go about their everyday lives, etc.

Am I confusing you guys? I probably am aren't I? Well if you understood what I was trying to say up there, then good on you. Oh, Lyanna and Othilia, I'm talking to you guys specifically cause this was what I was trying to say at lunch today..... before my brain got fried by Mr T's incessant cross-examination. Does my concept now make sense? If it doesn't, please tell me because I myself am not 100% sure what I want to do. I think being asked questions by other people will help me clear up the grey areas.

Anyway, I digress. Why did I congratulate you fellow bloggers in the first place? It's because, henceforth, I shall be regarding all your blogs as "research material" for investigating what people blog about and why they blog. YAY! You are now all "test subjects" for Cynthia's English Extension 2 major work! Don't worry, I won't mention your blogs specifically in my bibliography/journal (unless you want to be mentioned of course). And I won't be analyzing your personal issues or whatever. I'm just interested in your styles, your format and your choice of subject matter. So carry on, my fellow test subjects! (LOL just kidding. You guys don't have to think of yourself as test subjects..... you may use the term "guinea pig" if you prefer).

*OFF TOPIC*

Who watched the ARIAs last night? You know what I realized? Gotye is actually quite sexy.... in his own lanky, unassuming, way. I never noticed. Must have been all that body/face paint.

Leave A Comment