LOL, I fail.

Okay this is kind of embarassing but uh.... I can't really watch Doctor Who anymore.

Not in a physical sense I mean, just mentally I can't do it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the show's bad! In fact, I'm pretty sure the special effects have improved dramatically since the last series - did they get a budget increase or something? And the scripts seem more exciting and stuff too. I just... I can't see the Doctor with a new companion, that's all.

I feel like one of those annoying people who scream at the TV when they see something they don't like. For example, when the Doctor and Martha ran down the corridor holding hands in the first episode of Series 3, in my head I was going "NO DON'T FUCKING DO THAT. THAT'S ROSE'S HAND TO HOLD, NOT YOURS! GRRRRR!!" Also, the Doctor keeps getting these epic moments of sadness where he reflects on his time with Rose. For example, he once says "It's so strange... I feel like it's staring me right in the face. Rose would know what to do." And then Martha goes, "Who's Rose then? Is she a friend of yours?" And then the Doctor gets the saddest expression on his face and MY HEART BREAKS INTO A BIJILLION PIECES AND I FEEL LIKE I'M DYING ALL OVER AGAIN.

Yes, I'm one of THOSE people.

I don't know, I think I just need time. Marathoning these episodes back to back is giving me a different viewing experience and I'm getting unhealthily attached. I can understand why some people watching the series in real time would be ok with it. I think after Billie Piper left, they had like, what, a six months break before the next series started? That would be plenty of time to recover from the distressing finale of Series 2. But I can't deal with it. To me, getting rid of Billie Piper/Rose is like getting rid of Hermione from the Harry Potter series. I just... I really really want to enjoy Doctor Who again but I can't let go of Rose/Ten. It sucks though cause I really really want to like Martha :( DAMN YOU BILLIE PIPER AND DAVID TENNANT. WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?!?!

But I will recover. And I will enjoy Doctor Who again. I am determined to enjoy it again. After all, it is Doctor Who - it's basically a given that actors will constantly change on the show - it's even written into the plot! I should stop being so childish and just deal with it! Haha, just wondering though, does anyone else get this problem? Do you get so attached to the actors/character that when they leave, you suffer severe emotional whiplash? I'm sure it's not just me.

P.S. I apologize for the barrage of Doctor Who posts. It's just what I do on this blog. I write about my unhealthy obsessions and pretend that people are listening, lol.

Leave A Comment