Goodbye Martha Jones/ Not Another Doctor Who Post!

WARNING: Post contains minor spoilers about DW again... yadaa yadaa yadaa, you get the point. Feel free to skip if you're not interested, etc. etc. Or you can just scroll down and look at my awesome gifs and totally disregard the rant. Whatever tickles your fancy.

******

Hey guys (aka, at most, the three people who read my blog AND watch Doctor Who), I have just finished Series 3 of Doctor Who which means... NO MORE MARTHA JONES, WOOOOOOOO!!

Here, have a celebratory gif:

Photobucket


Okay, okay, to be fair, I was actually starting to like Martha Jones, especially during the second half of Series 3. By the way, the second part of Series 3 was WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the first half. Hooray for (partly) consistent writing! Ahem, as I was saying, Martha Jones was actually starting to grow on me. I know right? WEIRD. Maybe it was because I'd started coming out of my OMG-ROSE-ANGST! phase and had decided to accept her character. I shall elaborate.

Wait before I do that, OMFG FACE OF BOE, OMFG JACK HARKNESS. Whoever wrote this, you are a genius.

Photobucket


MARTHA is a BAMF in her own right. She had all the makings of a good character/companion - brave, reliable, kickass and so very very pretty. And also very INTELLIGENT. Definitely a bit more intelligent than Rose, I have to admit (seriously Rose, sometimes I just wanted to reach through the screen and smack you). Martha was training to become a doctor too. I really liked that part in Human Nature where she rattled off all the bones in her hand just to show that Joan woman that she could.

Photobucket


BUT what totally ruined her character for me was the fact that she wouldn't stop mooning over the Doctor. SERIOUSLY. That part in Human Nature (again) where she states "You had to do that didn't you? You had to go out and fall in love with a human... and it wasn't me," had me yelling at the screen like a crazy ahjumma. I know this is really hypocritical of me. HELL, I totally would have done the same! It's David Tennant man, the only guy who will ever make science look sexy! (Oh whoops, sorry Jessica, I ain't stealing your man dw). Such wasted potential though! Martha, you would have made such a great companion if only you'd stopped obsessing over the Doctor. It was never going to happen. How could you not notice that look in his eyes everytime Rose's name was brought up? You should've just dropped it. Dropped it like a hot potato I tells ya!

Oh Martha Jones.... I feel a bit sad for you, really I do. Just that little detail put me off your character. But apart from that, you still were pretty awesome. Martha Jones, travelling all over Earth! Spreading stories about the Doctor! Epic. And really it's not your fault. It was the writers' I suppose. Oh and also David Tennant's. The Doctor is such a big flirt, LOL.

Anyway, Series 4 here I come! Here's to hoping the Catherine Tate doesn't fall in love as well. Oh dear, I hope I didn't just jinx myself. (P.S. Don't spoil it for me though, I don't want to know yet!)

Gifspam time!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


P.P.S. I still miss Rose :( Apparently this was the last scene they filmed together and they couldn't keep it together and started crying and and and....

Leave A Comment