Doctor Who

Welcome to my new obsession.

There used to be a time when I used to blog about my interests and try to "sell them" to you guys who read my blog. I used to outline the reasons why I liked it and why I think others would like them. I don't think I'm bothered to do that anymore though... Because if something is awesome then well, it just is. I don't really need to prove it right? And honestly, there's no point trying to prove it. So instead of saying how awesome Doctor Who is, I'll just kind of rant/talk about it a bit.

I've just finished the first series of Doctor Who. For those who don't know, the Doctor in this series was played by Christopher Eccleston (or as Jessica puts it, "the bald guy"). Technically he's not "bald".... he just has less hair than the other doctors. Anyway, they say that you'll always be attached to your first doctor and I guess that is pretty accurate. *spoiler alert*. Since he gets "reborn" into the next doctor, I'm not exactly sure how to transition to the next actor who plays him now. I've grown so attached to the Rose/Doctor 9 pairing now that seeing the Rose/Doctor 10 pairing is a bit strange. IN THEORY, he's supposed to be the same Doctor but I just find it weird.... I mean, Eccleston and Piper were so cute together :( Ngaw. But I'll get used to it. I'm sure I'll grow to love Tenant as much as I loved Eccleston.


What else did I want to say? Oh right, I wanted to talk about the highlights of Series 1. Personally I really loved "The Empty Child" story arc. That was pretty cool but some scenes SCARED ME SHITLESS. Like wtf, how is children going around wearing gas marks fused to their face supposed to be "family entertainment". This graph is an excellent example of what I'll think of whenever I see a gas mask:


I also really loved the Rose/Doctor relationship. They were so sweet together. Rose was the perfect antidote to the Doctor's loneliness. But the relationship was a bit ambiguous to me.... I felt like even though they kept emphasizing that Rose was just the Doctor's companion, that was never really the case. Everytime Rose was in trouble, the Doctor would freak out or go all aggressive-like. And then sometimes I felt like the Doctor was just a father figure to Rose. But then in that episode I just saw err......... Oh whatever, I won't say anymore.

Doctor Who has the most awesome quotes lol. Even though I've only watched the first series, I find that there are really great one-liners in a lot of the episodes. Here's a list of my favourite quotes from Series 1:



  • "Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks.... hey, this could be a little more sonic!"


  • The Doctor: Blimey!
    Rose Tyler: Don't laugh!
    The Doctor: You look beautiful! [Rose stops laughing and smiles instead. The Doctor looks away awkwardly] ...considering.
    Rose Tyler: Considering what?
    The Doctor: That you're human.



  • Trin-E: Just stand still and let the Defabricator work its magic.
    Jack: What's a Defabricator?
    [Jack's clothes are disintegrated.]
    Jack: Okay, Defabricator. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Am I naked in front of millions of viewers?
    Zu-Zana: Absolutely!
    Jack: Ladies, your viewing figures just went up



Okay, these aren't my favourite quotes.... I couldn't really remember what my favourite ones were lol. Ah well.

To sum up though, I suppose the reason I love Doctor Who so much is because despite all the sci-fi story elements and conventions, it's a show that's really got heart. Oh lord that sounds so cheesy but it's true. The characters are so well developed, so likeable and so full of awesomeness. Everytime they overcome a hurdle (or save the planet or w/e), you can't help sharing in their joy. Similarly though, everytime the Doctor gets that sad face when talking about his family, it also makes you feel sad and then you just want to give him a hug and destroy all the Daleks in the universe and paint the sky rainbow colours and bake him cake full of sunshine and lollipops and...........


Series 1, I'm really going to miss you :( But its okay cause HERE I COME, DAVID TENANT! WHOO!! -cue Doctor Who gif spam-




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comments
One Response to “Doctor Who”
  1. scamps says:

    Omg the last gif looks so cute x3/XD

Leave A Comment