Cynthia Watches Doctor Who

Yep. So I've finally started watching Doctor Who. Why? I'm not sure why. I just felt like it I guess. And also because I wanted to cementify my status of geek-dom cause y'know, being an avid collector of anything Hunger Games related and a dedicated fan of the Lord of the Rings franchise just isn't enough. Medieval obsession? Tick. Elizabethan England obsession? Tick. Dystopian fantasy obsession? Tick. And now, science fiction obsession? TICK!! Would anyone else like to join me on this Doctor Who adventure? :)



Obviously I'm not starting from the beginning of the Doctor Who franchise cause that would be mad. For now, I've downloaded a few episodes of Series 1 (not Season 1) and I've watched the first one. According to Jessica, I should start from Series 5 but I dunno, I'm a bit iffy about doing things in the wrong order, LOL. I don't like starting things from the middle. But who knows, maybe I'll change my mind later.



Um, thoughts on the 1st episode... I quite like it already, lol, and it's only the first episode. To be honest, I thought it would take me a while to get into it but that's not really the case here. It was fun, zippy and mysterious enough to get me interested. The special effects make me laugh but it's not like this is a billion dollar Hollywood movie so I don't really care. I would totally watch the 2nd episode but its like 1 at night so I'll probably do it tomorrow. Sigh, I'm totally gonna fail Year 12 because of an overindulgence in TV shows, aren't I? Whatever. I DESERVE A BREAK. I've been thinking recently, if I keep waiting for my workload to cease before I do the things I really want to do, I will never end up doing them. The HSC is in like 4 weeks and I certainly do not expect to be studying non-stop 24/7 till them. I am totally going to follow the philosophy of "Carpe Diem" which I learnt in english extension literally means "seize the day", in other words, imma gonna live life to the fullest!



Hell, what am I saying? I'm just trying to justify my laziness here...




To the people who already watch Doctor Who, you guys are probably laughing at me aren't you? Yes, I know I'm a Doctor Who noob. I don't really have much prior knowledge to the series really. Here is a list of my insufficient knowledge of the series:


1. The Doctor always dies and that's how they introduce a new doctor every few seasons.

2. The TARDIS is a blue phone booth(?).

3. There is a very very scary episode about weeping angels which I will most likely pee my pants while watching but I've still got a while until I get there.

4. There are some episodes called "Doctor Lite" and there are Christmas specials as well? (I don't know I read about that somewhere)

5. The current doctor is played by Matt Smith.

6. Charlieissocoollike watches Doctor Who :D And since Charlieissocoollike watches Doctor Who, that must mean that whoever watches Doctor Who is a cool person.

7. I just remembered that my spoilt, little, rich cousins watch Doctor Who. They are not cool. So the above statement is void.

8. And last of all, I know that I am quite excited to get into the series.

P.S. As much as I liked the first episode, I really really don't like mannequins/dolls/things that are supposed to be inanimate but are't (cause I am a rally big chicken). So right now, I am scared to death of turning off the light in fear of one of those creepy mannequin guys coming into my room. Euuuurghhh!

Leave A Comment