Social Commentary on all things... social

Sims 3 Pets is coming out soon. And guess what? THERE'S GONNA BE UNICORNS. WHOOOOOOOOOOOO. LOL. Just watched the trailer on youtube. The highest rated comment was, "So... who's gonna name their unicorn Charlie??"

Today was the SRC elections. Also known as the annual "Imma-gonna-judge-you-as-you-stand-there-and-talk-about-yourself" or the "Popularity-contest-thinly-disguised-as-a-Student-Representative-Council-election". Okay, I kid. I should stop being so cynical. Hey... my year 12 jersey should say Lil Miss CYNical. Geddit? Geddit?

But seriously though. Congrats to whoever did go up there and try out. You guys are really brave. And really dedicated. And I fully understand that it is very difficult to try to sell yourself to the grade without sounding like an obnoxious, overconfident human being.

I didn't exactly donkey vote this time.... but I think I was only really sure about 2 people. It's sad though, how the people who are actually really serious about it are the ones who do the sincere speeches. And the unfortunate reality is that people are more likely to vote for the "funny" speeches. NOT SAYING THAT FUNNY = NOT-SINCERE EITHER. But you know what I mean. I really admire the people who go up there and give it a go but like, you can't help thinking to yourself "I know this person says that they're doing it for the school, they want to help out and make it a better place, but are they really speaking the truth?"

And also, Lyanna, I'm not sure but I think it was you who said something like, you'll speak up for the people who don't usually speak up. Well you didn't say it like that but it was something along those lines (or perhaps I was hallucinating, I'm not sure). If you did, then thanks for doing that. If you didn't, then just ignore me as I ramble on. The whole time I was waiting for someone to say that. In our grade, there is an imbalance sometimes. The quiet people are the ones who get overlooked. Even during the speeches, you could tell it was all the louder, more popular people at the back who get heard. And that's just our grade, y'know. Sometimes, I just wish that there wasn't such an imbalance. But there's not much you can do about it, right?

And now I have totally forgotten what my main point was. HAHAHA. That paragraph up there doesn't even make sense. Oh well. Maybe I'll try saying it clearly - once I figure out what I'm trying to say.

Leave A Comment