Cameo Lover - Kimbra



I heard a song on the radio recently. It sounded a bit weird but strangely addicting. Tian and I laughed at the line that said "Now and then I think of all the time you screwed me over." Then a few days ago, Othilia sent me a youtube link to a song that she's been addicted to for a while. And it turned out to be that catchy song on the radio. It's called "Somebody That I Used To Know" - by Gotye ft Kimbra.

Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY&feature=related

But that's not my main point. After listening to that song a few hundred times, I then decided to go listen to some more stuff from Kimbra. And then I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elyk9MBY72U




And now, I am seriously so addicted to it, it's not funny. At first, I thought the song was a bit weird. And it is weird, I guess. It's alternative pop, so definitely not everybody's cup of tea. If you're one of those people who stick to their good ol' pop and catchy melodies, then you probably won't like it. But seriously, I watched the whole video and something about the second half of it makes me want to get up and jump around my bedroom. At first I was like, this sounds so strange and weird. And then somewhere around the 2:40 mark, the melody gets to epic lol. Just watch it and you'll see what I mean. And just stick with it. Don't get turned off by the weirdness of it (although honestly, I've seen much weirder videos... much much weirder. What is it about song artists and really wacky/out there music videos?)

Leave A Comment