City Hunter Finale


WARNING: This post contains spoilers about the last episode of City Hunter. Don't read if you don't want stuff spoilt :)



First off, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. No more Shitty Hunter :'( I am very sad. Like all things I love, I tend to get too absorbed into the story so when City Hunter finished, I felt like I'd just lost a big part of myself. Oh GOD, it's like Harry Potter all over again.



It was a pretty good finale though. I guess it wrapped up everything nicely - the necessary people died and our hero got his heroine (actually that is kind of ambiguous but I will explain more later). But it wasn't epic. Although I've got to admit, City Hunter did start to lose some of its steam ever since the 15th episode. I feel like a lot of characters got sidelined due to the main conflict. Kim Na Na for example, she had so much potential to be a kickass heroine but they kind of... forgot about her. She became a source of angst for Lee Min Ho but apart from that, didn't have much of a role.



Anyways, I'll do what I did last time and compose a list of Unnecessary Questions which ran through my mind while watching the last episode of City Hunter:




  • Lee Min Ho, why you so sexy?


  • Is it just me or do all of Lee Min Ho's singlets get lower and lower and lower with every passing episode? More importantly, how many singlets does he have? Not that I'm complaining about the singlets though...


  • How can a person survive a bullet shot through the chest? Why do the heroes never die, despite getting injured somewhere fatal?


  • Why do people just stand there pointing guns at each other but don't actually pull the trigger? Why do you need to give a long, drawn-out dramatic monologue? You know you could just shoot him and be done with it.


  • Why is it so easy to eavesdrop on the President's conversations? Why is it so easy to sneak into the President's villa? Like what-the-freak, even I would make a better bodyguard.


  • How does Lee Min Ho manage to look unbelievably gorgeous even while crying? How come Park Min Young's face doesn't go all blotchy and red when she weeps? HOW COME MY FACE TURNS TOMATO RED AND RASH-LIKE WHENEVER I CRY??


  • Why are the Presiden't bodyguards so useless? I'm talking to you Kim Na Na. What kind of bodyguard doesn't notice when there's a stranger in her house? To be fair, she does kick ass sometimes.


  • LEE MIN HO AND PARK MIN YOUNG, WHY U NO KISS?????? Are you saying that I spent 20 hours of my life waiting for you guys to make out and all I got was a moment of intense staring in an airport?! Well actually, there was a kiss, but come on, that was only one! What happened to, "When it'll all over, I'll come find you"? Like DUDE, give us some fanservice here. Lee Min Ho and Park Ming Young were supposed to get married, they were supposed to have cute lil city hunter babies, AHJUSSI WAS GONNA COOK THEM DINNER EVERY NIGHT!


  • And last but not least, CAN I HAVE A SEASON TWO??


Who wouldn't be smiling like that if they got to manhandle Lee Min Ho?



City Hunter, I will miss you.

Leave A Comment