Oh Mr Sparkly Pants

I was gonna jumpt straight into doing homework after coming back from school today but as you can see, I just can't do it. My computer is such a distraction. Everytime I turn it on, I have to make my rounds and that includes: blogspot, youtube, facebook, dramabeans, eatyourkimchi, mockingjay, etc, etc. Eventually I end up wasting about an hour and a half or more. Someone needs to start holding Computerholics Anonymous sessions cause honestly, I can't cure this addiction :(

Well anyway, english exam today was a fail. You know that last 5 mark question that tells you to talk about 2 texts in depth? Well I only had time to talk about one. That's probably like 3 marks gone already. Jeez, I spent way more time on the second last question than the last question :( When Ms S said, "Five more minutes left" you could literally hear half the class head-desk their table.

What else have I done to procrastinate? Oh that's right, I've been reading Night Huntress. DAMN YOU LYANNA for introducing me to the series. I'm already up to book five, LOL. I do like it though, even though it's got absolutely no meaningful message to tell the audience, not much of a storyline and just jumps all over the place in terms of character development. The only way to describe it is "crack for your brain". Kind of like korean dramas and their tendency to brainwash you with annoyingly addictive episodes.

Eurovision is coming soon. Hehehehehe, I love Eurovision. It's always so funny watching the different acts. Almost as funny as watching Tian's reaction when she walks past the "bra" section of Targets. Almost. But not quite. I can never understand how some people even get through to the finals. You have a whole freakin' country to find talent from and what do you end up with? Some middle aged guy in sparkly pants, crooning out a cheesy ballad while the background dancers do belly dancing. Yeh, I'm talking to you Greece. What? Do you have a surplus of half-naked middle aged guys or something?

I wonder if Turkey's going for the over-the-top type of performance again. A few years ago, they had this blonde, heavily made-up woman clad in a bra and not much else singing whilst her back-up dancers (muscly guys in gladiator costumes) picked her up raised her above the stage. It was so funny. Especially when the stage erupted with pyrotechnics and blazing light displays for the finale. And who can forget the classic "Balkan" number by Serbia last year?



This guy is priceless. Go youtube "Serbia Eurovision Milan Stankovic" if you ever feel the need to be.... inspired.

But anyway, I kind of wonder if the countries do this deliberately - choose wacky dancers in order to stuff up their own chances of winning. It could be an explanation I suppose. Especially since the winning country usually has to host the competition the very next year.

Leave A Comment