Au Revoir!

So this will probably be my last post in Australia for a while. I'm leaving on Sunday at around 10:40, my flight's at 2pm and it's gonna be for like, 22 hours (with a stopover in Thailand). I'll get to France the next day, possibly very jet lagged - maybe too jet-lagged to enjoy anything. Oh wells. I don't think I'll be blogging while I'm overseas, mainly because I don't know if I'll have the time (or internet) and also because blogspot is a bitch when it comes to uploading photos. On the other hand, I'll probably be using facebook a lot and uploading my photos (and hopefully videos) there.

I don't really know what photos and stuff I'll be able to take though. I really really want to record everything so I can share the experience with everybody back home but then again, I don't really want to be obsessed with taking photos and videos every step of the way, just in case I miss out on what's actually happening.

And BTW, I am still megally unhappy about all the Japanese students who didn't get to go on their trip. We could have all been going overseas at the same time and if the roles were reversed and I'd been the one who couldn't go, then I probably would have cried for a week. So here's my schedule if anyone's interested. I've condensed it to just a really basic outline so that you guys can kind of get an idea of where I am - if you're interested.


  • 10th April: Depart Sydney for Paris

  • 11th April: Arrive in Paris at 7am and take coach to Arras. On the way, there will be guided visits to sights of significance. Arrival to Arras Hotel at 5pm

  • 12th April: Look at battlefields of Ypres, visit Sanctuary Wood, museum and Tyne Cot Cemetary (awesome!). In the afternoon, Sommes Battlefields, LeHamel, Villers-Bretonneux and the Franco Australian Museum.

  • 13th April: 8am departure for Paris. After check-in, catch metro to Notre Dame, THE EIFFEL TOWER!!, Pigalle and Montmatre to see the Moulin Rouge and Sacre Coeur. After dinner at a local restaurant, there's an evening visit to Place d'Etoile, the Arc de Triomphe and a stroll down Champs Elysees.

  • 14th April: I head off to Italy on an EasyJet Flight to Naples. Visit Naples Museum before heading to our hotel, Villa di Sorrento.

  • 15th April: Catch train to Pompeii for a full day re-discovering the buried city.

  • 16th April: Departure by coach to Amalfi where we're gonna CLIMB MT VESUVIUS :D BRING IT ON.

  • 17th April: Visit Herculaneum. Transfer to Naples Station for the 1.30pm EUROSTAR to Florence. Do you know Eurostar? It's that awesomely fast train that runs through Europe. Anyways, arrive in Florence by 4pm. FLORENCE!! I googled it (please excuse my ignorance) and O-M-G, it is the most prettiest place I have ever seen.

  • 18th April: Visit city of Siena and town of San Gimignano.

  • 19th April: Visit the Academy and then the Uffizi Galley. Catch Eurostar again to ROME. We then get a walking tour of Rome. Awesome. Imma gonna do a Lizzie McGuire and run off with a hot Italian boy.

  • 20th April: Climb the Cupola, the Dome of St Peter's Basilica for a magnificent panorama of the eternal city. Then down in the Basilica itself. Then we get a queue-less entry into the Vatican Museum. After lunch, head to the Spanish Steps and the TREVI FOUNTAIN.

  • 21st April: Ancient Rome today. Colosseum, up through the Forum and along the Via Sacra, to the Capitol. Then visit the Pantheon.

  • 22nd April: Transfer by coach to Rome Airport and depart for Aus.

  • 23rd April: Arrive back in Sydney :( :( :(

I spent the double period in legal today googling the hotels, more specifically the Villa di Sorrento in Sorrento. ITS SO PRETTY. It overlooks the bay of Naples and there's an open deck thingo at the top. Here, I'll show you pictures :)


The link's here if anyone's interested in seeing more pictures: http://www.villadisorrento.it/gallery.php


Oh and yes, I am perfectly aware that every photo I have posted here is from Google images and therefore the real thing probably does not look as nice. Knowing my luck, it will probably rain while I'm in Paris or something. Ah well, doesn't hurt to dream.


So I'm just gonna finish off here. I hope everyone enjoys their holidays! And I really hope I don't get homesick over there LOL. Cause that might happen.... two weeks is a long time. Well, see you on the other side!


Au Revoir!

Leave A Comment