JENNIFER LAWRENCE CAST AS KATNISS

in the Hunger Games movie directed by Gary Ross.



I found out about this yesterday and honestly, I'm just happy that they finally announced it. There's been speculation for like forever so I got sick of hearing stuff like, "Jennifer Lawrence close to Katniss offer" and then "Lionsgate has not offered Katniss role of Jennifer Lawrence."

For those who don't know, Jennifer Lawrence was most recently nominated for an Academy Award for her role in Winter's Bone. Yeh, I've never heard of her before that but that's ok. I don't doubt her acting abilities as the director has said that,


"I saw Winter’s Bone, and I just thought she was phenomenally talented and just
kind of riveting and amazing and had so much power. And then we had a meeting
and I found her to be just a completely compelling, intelligent person. But then
she came in and read for me and it just knocked me out. I don’t want to go into
too many details, but we did a scene from the movie and it was so amazingly
powerful that it was sort of stunning. You glimpsed every aspect of the role and
the potential of the whole movie"

There's also the issue with her age. Jennifer is 20 years old but if I remember correctly, Katniss is supposed to be like 16 or something. Ah wells, you can't have everything. And so far she looks NOTHING like Katniss but well, it's Hollywood. These things can be fixed lol.

I'm just glad she can act - not like whatshername Kristen Stewart. Ew.

So anyways, there is now speculation upon who's going to be cast as Peeta. YAY!

Leave A Comment