French Lesson 1



Katniss and Peeta - by ChiyoNemuri

Yesterday was the last day of Year 10 which means that today is the first day of the holidays for me :) It hasn't really sunk in yet but I'm sure it will soon. I'm determined to make the most of these holidays cause people have told me that by the time you get to Year 11 and 12, the holidays aren't actually for relaxing. *gasp!* No... in fact they're for catching up on work and doing assignments.


So anyway Year 10 assembly was an epic fail. Mr E's speech was a face-palm times 200.
"Oh hehe! It's a blank page. Oh dear! hehe. Oh I apologise... Look, it's blank!"
Says the idiot. And what the hell was he talking about? "Did you all get wet yesterday! I got wet!" And then you can hear scattered laughs and murmurs from the crowd. He also said Katherine's name wrong, poor girl. How the hell do you mistake Ca-tri-na for Ka-the-rine?


Snez and I had to stay for modern. For periods 7 and 8, we sat in Ms L's eco class. That class is so funny LOL. One guy kept trying to shoot people with rubber bands and Ms L had to tell him to stop it about fifty times. There was a spider in the corner of the room and the rubber band guy was stupid enough to stand under it and try to shoot it down with his rubber bands. And when he actually hit it, he shrieked and nearly ran over his friends trying to get away from it. No wonder Snez likes to spend her free periods there.


While rehearsing for the assembly, I learnt that Mrs M's daughter (the celloist) actually chose the cello because she was lazy and preferred sitting down. Ah well, it makes more sense than choosing an instrument because it's name sounded cool. *cough* oboe *cough*. People are funny. Speaking of assemblys... I DON'T FUCKING WANT TO PLAY AGAIN AT NEXT WEEK'S ASSEMBLY :@. Aaaargh.


I got my Kris Kringle present yesterday :) It was an Ouran High Host Club manga, Vol 1 and a key necklace. Thanks Tian! LOL I know we're not supposed to know who had us but it was pretty obvious... Only Tian knows I like Ouran High and that I have a fetish for keys. hehe. I also saw my person unwrap hers'. I'm glad she likes it :D


Anyways, considering this is my only last "real" holiday. I'm going to make a list of things I will do:
  • Read the whole Harry Potter series again. This time, IN THE RIGHT ORDER.
  • Get a job so my parents will stop bugging me
  • Do my history extension project - at least a quarter of it since our progress logs are gonna get checked at the beginning of Term 1
  • GO TO MELBOURNE AND QUEENSLAND! We've bought the tickets already and will be going sometime near January the 8th XD
  • Finish my holiday homework early so I don't need to bother about it near the end of the holidays.
  • Have a sleepover at Tians' because she's got new floorboards.
  • Have a movie marathon at Tians' because she's got a new TV.
  • Have a party at Tians'.... just because we can.
  • Make Nancy watch a barbie movie with us - easier said than done.
  • And most importantly: learn French in preparation for next year's overseas trip.

To help with my last dot point, I will be posting all the French words/phrases on this blog so that I don't forget them. My sister will be helping me because she takes French and Japanese classes at school. I'm aiming at 3-4 sentences each week but we'll see. I remember learning a bit of French back in year 7 but I've already forgotten most (if not all) of it...

Forgive my spelling LOL. She taught me how to say these, but not how to write them.

*****

Q: Tu t'appelles comment? (What is your name?)

A: Je m'appelle Cynthia. (My name is Cynthia)

Q: Tu habite ou? (Where do you live? Note: habite = habitat)

A: J'habite en (au?) Australie. (I live in Australia)

Oh dammit, she also taught me to how answer "What language do you speak?" but I've already forgotten...

Leave A Comment