To Drop or not to Drop?

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - Walker Bagehot

My friends tell me I can't cook and I tend to believe them. I think it'll be safer not to challenge that statement and try to do something I can't do. After all, the world would be a much better place if I didn't try to cook.

I feel like I'm Malcolm's dad from Malcolm in the Middle - I can't make decisions to save my life.

Should I keep it or should I drop it? What if I drop it but then end up regretting the decision later on? What if I only want to drop it cuz I'm feeling extremely lazy right now. I mean to be honest, I've got my free periods to work on the stuff but still..... What if I do keep it but end up doing extremely shit in it and then it would've been a whole waste of my effort for a year? WHAT IF I don't stop procrastinating right this second and then end up having to stay up all night to finish this stupid maths homework which I am getting too much of everyday?!

Anyways back to reading 'bout Life in the Trenches. I'm gonna leave you guys with an awesome piece of info I just came across.

Soldiers in WWI often had to deal with the constant annoyance of lice getting into their clothes and onto their bodies. Soldier George Coppard describes the experience:

"A lighted candle applied where they were the thickest made them pop like Chinese crackers. After a session of this, my face would be covered by small blood spots from extra big fellows which had popped too vigorously..."

Nice...

Leave A Comment