Spoiler Alert

The whole grade went to watch "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" today as part of our unit of study, "The Journey". Of course, no one really treated it as an educational excursion cause like dude, ITS HARRY FREAKIN POTTER.


*SPOILER ALERT*

It was good. As my sister already said to me, some parts were exciting and some parts were boring. What I really missed though was the whole Hogwarts experience. I missed the awesome potions classes and Defence Against the Dark Arts classes (DADA). I missed the moving stairs and moving pictures. I missed seeing the Great Hall, the ghosts, the Room of Requirement, Hagrid's Hut and the Fat Lady. Also, Neville and Ginny only got like, 10 seconds screen time or something.

What I did like though was the cool animation sequence for the Deathly Hallows Story. They've never had anything like that before. I also liked.... the reappearance of Dobby (didn't see him since the 2nd movie), Fred's (or was it George's) lame "holey" joke, the reappearance of Fleur and Umbridge, and Ron getting carried away at the Ministry of Magic and kissing his "wife". That made me laugh XD

It seems like every Harry Potter movie that comes out takes on a darker tone than the last. I remember the first film, when everything was all so bright and cute and Malfoy had that adorable combover. He still has a combover but his face seems to have grown out of proportion. Hermione gets prettier every movie while Ron seems to get uglier. I guess that's why they make such a good pairing. Also, I feel sorry for the people who haven't watched a Harry Potter movie or read a Harry Potter book before because they must've been so lost. Actually, what am I talking about? NO I don't feel sorry for them. What have they been doing their whole lives - besides acting like an ignorant muggle?



Anyways, it was pretty awesome - if though I did get a running commentary from Tian during the whole film. She especially liked pointing out to me very significant details. Such as when Voldemort leaned over Dumbledore's grave to steal the elder wand, she would whisper in my ear "GAY!" Thank you Tian.

Leave A Comment