American People are Funny

So like last year when I was in the US, I met this boy called Frank right, and he was probably one of the few "normal" people I met over there. No seriously. Americans are weird. I had around 9 distant relatives/cousins in America (all guys for some strange reason) and ALL OF THEM practically treated me like I had rabies or something. I don't know what was up but they barely talked to me. I don't know man. Maybe they were just really antisocial.

Anyways Frank's in Grade 7 or 8 right now I think and we still talk on msn and stuff. I remember feeling uberly pissed off though cause at first, it seemed like he thought Australia was some really slow country or something compared to the USA. I'd been listening to my iPod and it had stuff like Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga. And then he goes, "How do you know Taylor Swift? Do Australians even have pop music?" T_T I wanted to strangle him with my iPod earplugs.

Oh wait what am I talking about? I STILL WANT TO STRANGLE HIM.

(5:24 PM) franklieu1@yahoo: john wooden?
(5:25 PM) franklieu1@yahoo: heard of him?
(5:25 PM) cynthia: err.. that basketball coach or something yeh
(5:25 PM) franklieu1@yahoo: yeah very special guy i guess
lol i dont even know anything about australia
(5:26 PM) franklieu1@yahoo: except for
its country's name and SYDNEY
(5:26 PM) cynthia: lol do you know what sydney looks like?
(5:26 PM) franklieu1@yahoo: i think but i always think of kangaroos?
(5:27 PM) cynthia: yeh, people tend to do that but its just a stereotype the only places I see kangaroos are at the zoo
(5:27 PM) franklieu1@yahoo: really?
(5:27 PM) cynthia: yup
(5:27 PM) franklieu1@yahoo:i thought some live in the open
(5:28 PM) cynthia: they probably do... way back in the middle of Australia.

And then I had to show him a picture of Sydney just so he would believe me. Seriously.

He's a nice boy I guess. Just a bit deluded.... like every other single American teenager out there. I told him to come to Australia one day just so I could prove to him that there are no kangaroos hopping around. I also asked him what high school was like over there though. It is pretty interesting hearing about his life lol. For example, his Year 7 subjects are: algebra, science, l.a.(I'm guessing that has something to do with literature), music and PE. They're about the same but algebra is a subject that stands on its own. Kind of like how calculus is a whole different subject for them.

He also thinks I don't know what UCLA is. Puh-lease, I've watched enough 90210 to know ok?

Leave A Comment