Holidays

It's funny how I'm always looking forward to the holidays but once they're here, I don't really have anything to do. I guess I just really like the feeling of having so much time - even if that time is wasted on doing basically nothing.

Maybe a reason why I don't have anything to do is because my room is empty. Like literally the only things I have in here are my computer, my bed, my desk and some boxes. I'm getting new carpet on Friday so I've had to move EVERYTHING from my room to the garage. By the end of the holidays, I'm gonna be so fit :D

I just finished reading the book Othilia lent me. It's called Towelhead and its by Alicia Erian. It was seriously disturbing and graphic. The book's been adapted into a movie and I watched the trailer on IMDB. The trailer doesn't look too bad but that's probably because they couldn't show the the truly bad stuff on TV. Um, what else can I say about it? It was interesting I guess? One crtic has said:

"How can a book about such horrific things be so laugh-out-loud funny? How can a
book that seems so lightly done go so far into the dark? Towelhead is totally
engrossing, very witty and sharp"


I kind of agree with this guy. But what really pissed me off was that the protagonist struck me as deluded and naive to the point of extreme stupidity. Far out, how stupid can a person get? You would think that you would REALISE it if you were getting raped.

Oh well, onto lighter things. I watched The Karate Kid (2010 version) last night with my sister and I actually quite liked it :L Haha. Maybe I have a thing for shallow, Hollywood movies that are an insult to my intelligence. Or maybe I am just so movie starved that I could probably watch Twilight again.... and like it.



Haha, constipated much?

But seriously, I couldn't see what was so wrong about the movie. The whole thing was so pretty to look at :D Maybe the whole Chinese culture thing was a bit overdone LOL but it is a movie. The "We're in China, everyone knows Kung Fu here," quote made me laugh. btw, I think my sister has a crush on Jaden Smith :L

Leave A Comment