The Life of a Lotus

Today I found the most awesomest plant ever. And the nice lady let me bring one home :) Let me present... the Lotus.

Well obviously the lady didn't give me that one, that's just a picture of a mature lotus which I found on google images. This, on the other hand is what the lady gave me and its what a lotus looks like after the petals have fallen off and it's in its older stage of life.
Doesn't it look cool? It reminds me of the showerhead in my shower.

If you look closely, there are little seed pods in it. I had fun picking them out :D Apparently they're edible but uh... I don't really want to try them.
Did you know that lotuses can regulate their temperatures to help insects reporoduce? Like omg...

Wow, I must be way more bored than I'd originally thought...

Leave A Comment