Avatar at IMAX

Yesterday night, Nancy, Tian, Amy, Yuan, Serena and I went to watch Avatar 3D at IMAX. Roxie's parents drove us there and paid for our tickets. That was our Xmas present :)




The movie started at 9:30pm and we got there at around 8:45. When we got to the city, Tian and I kept squealing over how pretty it was at night :L We kept pointing out different apartments that were going to be our future home. There was a really nice one near Chinatown but Tian didn't want to live near there. Why not?? We could grab chinese food in the middle of the night and Nancy could just walk to the nearest Korean store. Plus Chinatown is cheap. Isn't it?

Roxie's parents dropped us off near the Ferris Wheel place and told us to walk to IMAX ourselves. When the six of us got there, we sat on the benches near the harbour and tried not to stare at the couple that kept making out in front of us. I forgot how pretty Darling Harbour could be at night. The buildings are all lit up and there's people everywhere. We could hear music from the harbourside clubs and I suddenly had an image of myself spastic dancing at the Ice Lounge when I turn 18. Right Bonnie? ;)

We were stranded outside IMAX for like, 20 minutes because my aunt and uncle took forever to get there. They finally got here and then we went in. THERE WERE SO MANY PEOPLE. The movie was totally booked out and most of the people watching it were like 20-somethings so you can imagine how out of place six kids looked. Anyways, they opened the doors and we went in. Our seats were in row C which is like, near the front. God, my neck felt so cramped after 2 and a half hours of staring up at the screen.



It was an awesome movie though. If I had to describe it in one word, I would say "Epic", next up would be "blue". LOL. The visuals were STUNNING. I know the scenery and things were all computerized but still... I wouldn't mind living in Pandora. God, I wouldn't mind being blue if it meant that I could do all the cool things the characters did, such as flying, archery, etc. I think after a while, you kinda forget that being blue is abnormal and you start to see the characters as being normal people.

When the movie finished, Roxie's parents took us to a Chinese restaraunt in Chinatown and ate there. HAHHAHA. I was surprised that it was even open at 12:30am. I think some people were wondering why six, wet kids were even out at night in the city. We went home after that and I nearly fell asleep in the car. What a great start to the holidays :)

*****

I don't know why but some people really seem to hate the holidays. What part of it don't you like? Is it the part where you don't get to do any school work? Is it because you just HATE sleeping in? Or do you just really really really want to go to school? I don't know man...

Anyways, I like 'em. Yesterday morning, before IMAX, I watched Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King with Tian and CK. Call me geeky, but it's one of my favourite movies =3 Gollum... so sexy man. But we kinda ruined the movie by butting in with retarded quotes. Like when Sam was holding onto Frodo's hand as he nearly fell off the cliff, we would say, "Hold me Jack!". HAHAHA....ha... ha. Geddit? No? Pffff, fine >_>

After that I went on net and printed out music sheets for LOTR music. That's one of my goals these holidays: learn how to play more songs. I learnt some parts on the violin but it doesn't sound all that great without an ensemble.

Another goal would be to uh, clean my room. It's like a freakin' pigsty in here. Speaking of which, I should probably get started now...

Leave A Comment