Chapter 1

Today I felt like writing a story. So I wrote one :) Read if you want, don't read if you don't want to. It is kinda long LOL. Oh and it's not finished. It's gonna be like one of those long stories, not a short story. Although... my attention span is around 0.0009mm long so there's a big chance that tomorrow, I'm not gonna feel like continuing it :L
Anyways, if you do read, feel free to leave some feedback. (Okay I'm lying, YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME FEEDBACK :(

“Thank you Dawn. That was wonderful, as always.”
I walked back to my seat, ducking my head to avoid the awed stares of the other students. Even though I’d been here for two months already, many of them still hadn’t gotten used to my violin playing. It was… different when I’d been homeschooled. The only audience I’d had was my family, the parakeets, possums and other numerous wildlife that would invade our cottage near the rainforest. I missed all the animals. They never stared at me when I played.

When the bell rang, I picked up my stuff and headed to the next class. The sheer number of students rushing past always gave me a headache. How did people get used to crowds like this? But then again Charles Victor High was situated in the middle of Sydney. It was only natural that they’d have so many students.

“Hey Dawn, great playing in music! I’m so jealous,” gushed Marissa as she walked past.
“Oh thanks. It was nothing special…” I murmured.
“Are you kidding? It was totally awesome. I wish I could play an instrument,” she laughed.
I smiled in return as another group of students congratulated me. Honestly, this was tiring me out. I wished people wouldn’t make such a fuss about my violin playing. It seemed like that was all they knew about me. I was Dawn, the violin girl. Very few people actually knew anything else about me besides that.

The rest of the school day passed in a blur. I went to class, stared out the window and daydreamed while the teacher talked. Most students would probably get lectured for this but not me. The teachers had long since given up on making me pay attention. And plus, they wanted to cut me some slack since they thought I was still settling in to this new school. Hah! As if. It was just too hard to pay attention. I tried. Believe me, I tried. It was just so hard to sit in a claustrophobic little classroom while there was so much to explore outside.

School finished at three and I ran out early to try and beat the crowd that was sure to follow. Today, I decided to take a detour. I couldn’t stand having to go back to our apartment after spending six hours in a little classroom. And so, I turned away from the direction back home and headed down the busy street.

It was twilight by the time I reached Circular Quay. Most of the tourists had already left but many locals had remained to watch the sun set over the harbour. I had to admit, as much as I missed my old home, the city wasn’t such a bad place to be, especially at places like this. As I walked, I tried to keep an eye out for him. He should be here at around this time. The sound of strings being strummed and a voice to die for suddenly cut its way through the chatter and when I pushed my way through the crowds, there he was.

Comments
One Response to “Chapter 1”
  1. Roslyn says:

    Wah omg man, when I finally decide I have time to read your story, it takes me forever to get back to chapter one D:
    like what, 11 chapters now? LOL

Leave A Comment