Beastly is being made into a Movie :O

Saggy violin strings are a pain in the ass. What am I gonna do for the whole week now? Practice with a horribly-out-of-tune violin? ><' It's not my fault the strings decided to malfunction...

Wells, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing right now. Should I be rewriting my PE assignment part B, or should I finish up my monologue? Honestly, I can't be bothered doing any work at all so I'll just talk about random things again.

I had McDonalds today :D They changed the Happy Meal boxes, now they have the big yellow "M" on top - like in America. My sister also told me that now, they have a new "Angus burger". There were heaps of angus burgers in America so I guess it finally spread to Australia. & before you ask; no, I have no clue what an Angus burger actually tastes like. Maybe they cut up a boy called Angus and fried him into a human patty or something. btw, do you guys remember the song that went like, "McDonalds, McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut!" XD

Today, I finished a book called "Beastly" by Alex Flinn. It was a modern day version of Beauty and the Beast, set in NY and is from the Beast's perspective.






Basically, its about a guy who used to be the most popular boy in school- until some witch in his english class turned him into a beast. All this stuff happens and he ends up making a girl live in his house with him because he wants her to help him break the spell. It was such a romantic story :'( I'm getting teary-eyed just blogging about it.

Throughout the book, there are these little excerpts where the beast goes onto a chatroom filled with other people who've been enchanted. There's Froggie (Frog Prince), SilentMaid (The Little Mermaid), BeastNYC (the beast) and Grizzlyguy (the bear from the story of "Snow White and Rose Red"). Their chats are so cute, e.g:

Froggie: I hv sum news 2

BeastNYC: What is it, Froggie?

Froggie: Iv met a princes

Grizzlyguy: Really? Did she kiss you or whatever
you needed to break the spell?

Froggie: Nt so far bt she sez she will.

BeastNYC: That's great, Frog. How'd you
meet?

Froggie: She ws playin w her gameBoy & she
dropd it in my pond. I dryd it off 4 her & she sed shed kiss me
:D

LOL & also:

Mr Anderson: Thanks for joining the chat. Today
we'll be talking about living arrangements after transformation.

Froggie: i nvr lkd ponds & I sur dont lk em
now

SilentMaid: Froggie, why not?

Froggie: why not??? theyr wet!!!!

SilentMaid: But you're an amphibian.

Froggie: So???

SilentMaid: So you consider living on dry land to
be preferable to water, even though you can breath underwater. Why? I really
want to know!

Froggie: for 1 thing my stuf keeps floting
awy!

But anyways, you get the point. After reading this book, it made me wonder. Why are there stories about vampires falling in love with humans, people falling in love with mermaids, girls falling in love with beasts , phantoms falling in love with opera singers, princesses falling in love with frogs, etc - BUT NO STORIES ABOUT HUMANS FALLING IN LOVE WITH ALIENS?! Are aliens just not romantic enough? Do their giant heads turn ppl off or something? I wonder why that is.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! I was just searching up "Beastly-Alex Flinn" on google and I found out that it's being made into a movie staring VANESSA HUDGENS, ALEX PETTYFER AND MARY-KATE OLSEN. Woah.. I wasn't expecting that. God, I hope they don't butcher the story, like what happened to Twilight. Here's a preview of the movie from ET: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKOmV7YIS-o

Leave A Comment