Las Vegas

Day 2

I woke up at 5am to watch the sunrise at the ranch. Afterwards, we ate breakfast and then piled up into the coach to go to Vegas. We stopped at a few places on the way and 5 hours later, we weren't in Arizona anymore, we were in Las Vegas, in Nevada.

As some of you know, Las Vegas is famous for its hotels. I was hoping we would be staying somewhere nice but guess what? The stupid tour had booked a crappy hotel for all of us. It was something tacky called "The Imperial Palace". Ugghh....I didn't do anything for like, 2 hours cuz I was so tired from the coach trip. My parents, sister and I tried going outside the hotel for a bit but it was so hot outside. At 6:30, we went on a night tour of Vegas.


The first stop was a hotel which I forgot the name of. It was more like a giant shopping centre/mall and was so pretty inside. The ceiling was painted like a sky and everything was roman-themed. At 7, everyone gathered around the giant fountain and watched an elaborate show which involved the fountain going into the ground and moving statues coming out. It told the story of the fall of Atlantis and there were special effects such as fire and water spurting out from the fountain. I would show you the video, but I've already got too many on here. If you want to see it though, just comment and I'll upload it in a seperate post along with the other stuff that I didn't upload.




The next stop was the Venetian hotel. That was very pretty and fancy as well. The inside was Italian themed and for those who watched BBF, they had the same gondola ride thingo. Here's a video of it:

After that, it was starting to get dark so we took the coach downtown and went to a popular place that was kinda like a forum. We shopped a bit and I bought souvenirs. A laser show was projected onto the ceiling and after we watched that, we headed off to the next stop.

It was late by the time we got to the next stop. It was at a popular tourist attraction across from the fake eiffel tower. We watched a water show that involved spurts of water coming out from the lake and when that ended, me and my sister headed back to the hotel while my parents went to watch a famous dance show called "Jubilee". It was 18+ so obviously, we couldn't watch it :L.


Back at the hotel, me and my sister watched TV and we slept at 1 am.

I will now sidetrack for a bit to talk about something else. One thing I hated about the tour was the sometimes-embarassing moments such as when we went to some places and everyone stared at us cuz it was mostly asians. I know that's not a bad thing but our whole group was so fobby it wasn't even funny. When we were lining up at McDonalds, the old ladies in front of me (who were from our group) couldn't speak english properly and they kept pointing at the signs and trying to communicate to the server in mandarin. It was so frustrating.

Also, when we were at the lake place, the stupid tour guide brought this flashy light thing that attracted so much attention. He used it to lead the group and everywhere we walked, people stared and laughed. Some people were like, " Yeh that's right. Follow the light!" and then they would laugh. I also hated when the tour guide started speaking really really loudly in mandarin at popular places. Like in the fancy hotels, he would start shouting at the group. It gave the impression that everyone there was from China and that kind of pissed me off.

But whatever, that's all that happened in Day 2. I might upload more stuff in the next post.

Leave A Comment