The Grand Canyon

So much stuff happened on the tour to Vegas. I think I'll split each day into separate posts. Lets start with Day 1



We woke up at 6, got ready and my great-uncle drove us to the coach pick-up place. It was mostly asians there cuz it was an asian tour. In our group, there were also a few american people, some people from Thailand, Australia, Taiwan, France and Portugal, but that was only a small, small percentage.

The tour guide was this spastic dude called Jackson. I hated him -.-'. By the end of the tour, I wanted to shake him and scream but I resisted the urge. I'll explain later. He spoke 3 languages, cantonese, mandarin and fob english. To him, awesome was "arrrrsome".

Anyway, we drove for like 2 hours, then stopped at McDonalds, and then we drove for another 3. It wasn't that boring cuz we watched movies and looked at joshua trees. The view was arrrrsome and I took loads of photos. After the whole drive, we arrived at a ranch that was near the Grand Canyon.

This place was like nothing I've ever been to. It was literally IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. & it was burning hot. It was built like one of those ranches from cowboy movies and everyone, I mean everyone who worked there, was wearing cowboy outfitst, complete with the hat and guns. If you're wondering, the guns were real. They put on a show and fired. Their accents were so cool. It was the classic american-country accent, complete with y'alls and howdy.


We stayed in cabins that were kind of cramped but cool. There were pictures on the walls about the Wild West. The bad thing was the flies on the windowsill. That was kind of gross.
You know what else was gross? The thing that we had to pee in.
Nahh, I'm just messing with you. We had a real toilet.
The ranch had kind of gay attractions though, such as some game with horsehoes, fake cow wrangling and the horse wagon.

Serena and I went on the horse wagon. Basically, we sat in the wagon in the burning sun for 20 minutes with 10 other people. The driver was an antisocial guy who seemed like he didn't care anymore about his job. I didn't blame him. How would you feel if you had to tow a wagon of tourists up and down the same trail everyday in the hot hot sun? He did talk a little bit about his town, how he had to drive to work 1.5 hours everyday and also how he made a living from rounding up horses. Again the accent was so cool. There was a funny moment when the horse farted right in my sister's face.

After that, we went to the Skywalk over the Grand Canyon. It was alright. We were 4000 feet above the ground - that's a lot. Basically, the skywalk is a glass floor suspended over the canyon. We had to wear special slippers so that we didn't scratch the glass.


We then watched the sunset over the Grand Canyon. It was very pretty :)

Afterwards, we headed back to the ranch where we had dinner and live entertainment. There was a one person band and also a magic show. The most embarassing part was when my parents headed out to the dance floor and started doing line dancing. One of the cowboy dudes danced with my mum. Problem was, she didn't really know how to so it turned out like a waddle type of thing.
Afterwards, there was a campfire and the cowboys sang country songs about America. We toasted marshmallows and ate them in a biscuit thing with chocolate :) The campfire ended up going for quite a while until people realised that they had to wake up at 5 to see the sun rise the next day.


There's a hundred other things that I can tell you about but I've gotta end of here. Goodnight :)

Leave A Comment