The Village

It's 12:00pm right now*..., I just finished watching a semi-scary movie and now I can't sleep :(

Wondering what I just watched? Well, it was The Village . Actually, it wasn't all that scary, I liked the plot and the main actress. My sis and I were just sitting on the couch hugging the pillows and we didn't move at all for 2 and a half hours. LOL . Let me explain it a bit (dw, its not really scary):

The story is set in a small village set in the 1800s. The people who live their are enjoying life but none of them venture into the woods because of "the creatures". They don't wear red because it is the "bad colour" and there are a few superstitions. Things start happening, like red crosses appearing on people's doors, screams in the woods and skinned animals left in some places.

The main character is a girl named Ivy. She's blind but very brave. Lots of stuff happen, including her falling in love with a guy named Lucius and her sister getting married. Meanwhile, the strange stuff keeps happening and near the end, we find out all this stuff was planned by the "elders" of the village.



Anyway, when Lucius gets stabbed by this semi-crazy dude who loves Ivy as well, her father tells her to venture through the woods and to the "towns" and get medicine. So she embarks on a terrifying journey through the woods, not very easy for a blind person to do. She eventually ends up outside a nature reserve.


And then we find out ....
Basically, their whole village was a made up place situated inside a high security nature reserve. Many of the people living there don't know this but the elders do and they were the ones who had planned, many years ago, to start a village away from all the real troubles of modern life. Many of them had experienced losing loved ones in the city and so had decided to create a village away from the rest of the world.

I know its really weird but somehow I really liked it. Maybe it was the nice love story or maybe it was the interesting plot or maybe it was the "family friendly" horror themes...

Anyways, I should really go to sleep now. I had a LOOONG day that included going to the city (and a funny incident with my grandparents and a fat lady on the train)
-but I'll save that for another post

Goodnight peeps & HAPPY EASTER!

P.S For once I don't feel like blogging about my dream, mainly because it was too weird.

*I don't know how to change the time that appears on my blog post. Can anybody help? :(

Comments
3 Responses to “The Village”
  1. Snezana says:

    omg! i watched it too but i didnt see it all. It's so kooool. What was your dream about?

  2. Anonymous says:

    lol. i watched minority report. :)it was freaky.

Leave A Comment