First time eating Ramen :)

Does anyone watch Food Safari? Yes, no, maybe so... My parents do and after watching the episode on last week they decided to go to the japanese ramen retaurant that was on TV.

This is what it looks like on the outside:


It's a very traditional type of noodle house that is said to sell THE BEST ramen noodles outside of Tokyo :) Yumm.. I've never eaten ramen. I've seen people from dramas eat it and it looked so nice. (BTW watching Goo Jun Pyo eat it is so hilarious. He didn't know how to turn the stove on so he ate it straight from the packet XD)

Anyway, tian's family and my family all went in and sat down at the table next to the window. Guess who got the seat next to the window AND HAD TO ENDURE THE STARES OF EVERYONE WALKING PAST?? Yours truly.

ITADAKIMASU! It looked so pretty; I felt bad that I had to wreck it buuuut a hungry person's gotta do what a hungry person's gotta do. (The reason my bowl looked so small was because I ordered the kid's meal which was already quite big.)

Did You Know: The soup for the ramen is slowly boiled with 14 HOURS before serving? ^^ & the proper way of eating ramen is to make really loud slurping noises.

And of course, no family outing is ever complete without my dad embarassing everyone. When we were ordering he said really loudly, "I want the one on TV!". This made everyone in the restaurant turn around and look at him. And then he took out the camera and started clicking away at the inside of the restaurant. Poor people couldn't eat in peace & this is also why I have a picture of the noodles.

Most embarassing moment was when halfway through eating, he caught the waiter's eye and made the thumbs up sign with a noodle hanging out of his mouth....

I wanted to stab him with my chopsticks.

Have a nice day people.

Leave A Comment