Poetry writing

Hello Again

Ever since I came back from school, I've been on the comp reading short stories and poems. Why? Well let me explain.

In HA today, we were told that we had to enter a writing competetion called Write 4 fun. Apparently students from last year's HA entered it too and some even won. So after hearing that, I went onto the site and looked at previous winners.

Bad idea.

WHO THOUGHT THAT BLOODY YEAR 6 STUDENTS COULD WRITE BETTER STORIES THAN ME? LIKE ARRRGH.

My self-esteem wasn't very high to begin with and it probably dropped 3 metres today. Talk about discouraging ><

& OMG WHO THOUGHT THAT PEOPLE MY AGE HAD SUCH AN EXTENSIVE VOCABULARY. THISISSODEPRESSSING!!

Okay, I'll calm down. Seriously though, the standard for these contests are so high. One of the winners wrote a four-line poem and they had very good comments from the judges. So maybe I should just write a very meaningful four lines and submit it in.

E.g


O thy' sister
Why thou so infuriating?
Come hither
AND I WILL BASH THOU IN THY FACE

See how much emotion and technique I can fit into four lines? My inner emotions were poured out into the poem... etc.

Anyways I should get back to finding inspiration (also known as surfing the net randomly till I have something better to do).

<3sinfeeya

Leave A Comment